Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tidbits of a Simple Life

This is what we've been up to lately:

I don't know how many of these pictures we have of my kids sitting with my friends kids - but shucks, I might as well make it a tradition huh?

This is my dear sweet Grandma. We had such a great visit with her this time. She wasn't as down as she has been lately (being a widow for over 50 years is not easy) and I loved letting my kids get some good one-on-one interaction with her. She is such a great teacher, and when there are children around she can't help but pull that beautiful smile out.
We just need to get over and spend some more time with my other Grandparents soon!
This kid is PRO at cleaning the car. In fact, he's a very big helper all around the house!
My little sister and brother have been going rock-climbing every day for the past week. I let them drag by weak mommy muscles up there (along with the kids). I haven't done that kind of climbing in 7 years. It felt really good, but oh those muscles were tired.
Gotta love those Mr. Potato Head glasses.
This is a shot Cpc took of me the other day. He's been seeing a lot of this lately. This whole Mind Organization for Moms has really helped me to reach towards my goals - even as a mom. I've been tap-dancing as my exercise. I have wanted to tap-dance since I was 10 years old. I LOVE IT!

Last but not least - we've been enjoying ice cream cones lately - to make up for the lack of it we had all summer. This particular night we had told the kids we were having ice cream. After dinner we cleaned up and got them ready for bed and totally forgot the ice cream until like 5 minutes later. So, to mix things up a little we decided to go ahead and get them out of bed. I cannot express how much joy that little thing brought to our family. We ran in their room and said "surprise! We're going to have ice cream!" Those two little boys giggled like you wouldn't believe - or maybe you would! We spent 15 minutes just watching their pure joy at getting ice cream after bedtime. Cdc is particularly cute with the way he licks his ice cream cone - I wish we had that on video!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love seeing these fun pictures! Love the rock climbing and the tap dancing. Nothing holds this girl down!

nicole rees said...

I think it's so great that you tap dance fo exercise. Do you just make up your own routines or do it to a video....I'm inspired :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...