Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finger Butters and other little treats

Pmc lately has been trying hard to be diligent about studying the scriptures each day. So he came up with a little plan to help it become a habit. I bought 3 bags of fun-size Butterfingers at NPS, and each day that he studies before breakfast he gets 3 of them (he likes to share his spoils!).

Well apparently Cpc has figured this whole thing out because he walked over to Pmc yesterday morning and this is what I heard:
Cpc: "Daddy, have you wed you swiptues yet?"
Pmc: "Uh, yes!"
Cpc: "Oh, great! That means I can have a finga butta!"

Oh how that made us smile. But actually the thing we're loving most is how he'll go grab his scriptures a few times a day and ask "will you weed me a swiptuw?"

Cpc is also working really hard on his speech and was so proud of himself when he got to talk to his Uncle Steve and he could say it PERFECTLY! Now he's working really hard on "special."

Cdc has become obsessed with the "tato head gasses," you know the ones you saw in the last post? He wants me to put them back on every time they fall off, and he can't seem to figure out that they are what's causing him to run into all kinds of things. This morning he had them on at breakfast and he kept whining that he was spilling milk on his pajamas. I told him he'd just have to take off the glasses and he started bawling. Oh well! He is also pretty obsessed with the toy baby bottle. He goes around sucking on it, and he has decided that it is his drink of choice at every meal. I love this kid!

And I'm putting this in last because I really don't want to make a big deal out of it - but the potty training stuff is REALLY driving me crazy. It is just up and down all the time. Cpc will be really good at it for like a week, and then just pee in his pants four or five times a day for the next week. Sometimes I am utterly convinced he really truly doesn't feel it coming because he just looks at me with utter surprise, and tells me he didn't feel it. And I am perfectly willing to believe that his sensory issues may be causing that. So what in the world do we do? It is simply too late to go back to diapers, he can't handle them. They drive him crazy. But the whole changing underwear and shorts/pants so many times in a day is driving me crazy. I feel about this just the way I did about the sleep issues we somehow survived (and still survive sometimes). It's useless to ask people for advice because they simply don't understand the real issue. Maybe it's time to take Cpc back to some Occupational Therapy. I don't know, but I really don't want to have damage to our relationship over this like we did with sleep. ANYONE?

1 comment:

Allison said...

OH. MY. GOSH!! I love the "finga butta" bit! What a cutie!! As for the potty training, I wish I could be of some help but honestly, I have a 3yr old that hardly talks and REFUSES to even TRY to potty. I have no desire to start the potty training process anytime soon either. I'd rather continue changing diapers than fight with a VERY determined 3yr old. I have a sister that had a similar problem. She would pee her pants and wet the bed all the time. She also had a LOT of UTIs. She was still in diapers at bedtime through part (if not most) of elementary school. I'm not sure if she eventually outgrew it or if they did something to help. I just remember my mom having to take her to the dr for tests and stuff a lot. I hope you can figure it out and find a solution soon. I'll be praying for you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...