We pretty much rode horses and ate good food. And that was enough for us! Cpc was THRILLED about riding Millie the horse. He went on two one-hour rides, and absolutely loved both of them. On one of our rides we saw a herd of elk. It was amazing. I love the Aspen trees in that canyon. If I'm not at Bear Lake, I want to be in a grove of aspen trees. They make me happy.
Now let me just discuss this last picture for a moment. This was my attempt to capture something that's been happening lately. My sweet little Cpc is turning into his dad. Have I mentioned in the past how my husband is a complete gentleman and I love it? I adore him. Well, my little Cpc has become Mister Gentleman. I don't think he's being coached either. I think he's just observing his dad. He brings me flowers every time he finds them. And because I'm watching a tv show right now with my honey while I'm typing this, I can't for the life of me think of other examples. But it's happening, by little boy is becoming a little gentleman. I couldn't be happier about it either.
Anyway, so I don't have any pictures somehow of our time at the Cundick cabin which is also up Weber Canyon. But we had a blast there too. We had some great time with family, great food, and great games. The kids played to their hearts' content with each other. Once again, making my heart happy by getting that awesome time with cousins.
So quick story here. Pmc's grandfather is a composer. He wrote a five-movement piece called "The Cabin Suite" inspired by the family cabin. When I was in high school I was in a community orchestra which Pmc's grandfather selected to "premiere" his Cabin piece. My stand partner and I were best friends and sat at the back of the orchestra. We weren't the most focused violinists in the group. Anyway, she and I are pretty classical violinists - perfectly comfortable with tonal harmony. The Cabin Suite wasn't exactly tonal harmony, so we really didn't like playing that piece. It makes me laugh to look back and think about the fact that all that time we spent practicing that piece, and performing it all across Europe for that matter, I was actually in a very real way connecting with my future husband. Now it's very easy for me to comprehend just what the love for that cabin is in this family!

1 comment:
How fun to see this. Spectacular pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment