Monday, September 19, 2011

Just Happy

We've been having some major meltdowns in the afternoons. Cpc gets TOTALLY disregulated and starts going crazy. Cdc starts whining up a storm. I start losing my temper. Pmc gets home and I'm hoping for some relief, while he's thinking "I'm tired from working all day." All I can think is "me too - how in the world is this cycle ever going to change!"

And then today happened. Cpc started doing headstands on the couch, falling over on Cdc multiple times making him whine. I was trying to send off a quick important email. Then I stopped. What in the world am I doing? This email is not as important as my kids. I always told myself that I would make that choice when I became a parent. So today I did. Today I stopped what I was doing and asked Cpc if he'd like a snack.

MAGIC! His whole face lit up and I could tell he knew I love him.

Hopefully I can pull this kind of magic every afternoon now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...