Thursday, September 15, 2011

Power of Moms Couples Retreat


"Wow! I tell you what! WOW!"

Anyone know what that's from? My favorite movie! But that has nothing at all to do with this retreat. I have lots of other things to blog about right now - but I have to get this in real quick.

Pmc and I went to the Power of Moms Couples Retreat this weekend. It was absolutely AMAZING!!!!! Remember back when I talked about how awesome the first retreat I went to was? Well, it was even better to get to go over this stuff with my husband.

The best part for everyone who might be reading this however, is that they are really working to make the stuff we learned available online. See, this is not just a money-making venture - but the Power of Moms is really about helping moms (and dads and families) to become their best!

After coming home from the retreat last time I set to work getting organized and implementing some new parenting techniques - and it worked. Mostly. The only thing I really struggled with was helping Pmc to understand just what I was trying to do. He could definitely see that things were drastically improved - but I couldn't ever quite help him understand exactly what I had learned. But now? Now we're on the same page. It's not just that we learned new techniques, we learned principles and then we're deciding how to best implement them for OUR family.

In fact, without me trying to talk Pmc into anything, we decided together to spend our date night tonight implementing some of our "Mind Organization" stuff. I previously attempted to help Pmc get the organization principles I had learned - but he just said it wasn't his style and wouldn't work for him. But now, now he gets it and he's all in! I can't wait to see how it does work for him. We'll let you know!

I don't have any pictures because I was busy helping - but you can go the website or my cousin's blog. There's even a closeup of Pmc and I in the last collage on that last link.

I don't really consider myself a great writer, or I would write articles for the website. But I am going to put in some effort into adding the the "deliberate mothering tips." I'll let you know when I get that far. I feel like The Power of Moms has really helped me blossom as a mother. I am grateful that they are making strong efforts to spread the message to as many families as possible by making lots of stuff available online as well as programs for people who want to go to retreats/workshops but can't afford it!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm so happy to know you Tenille through this wonderful organization. You are great, and I know you can do some good things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...