When I was little I remember seeing little projects in books or magazines and asking my mom if we could do them. I had a pretty great mom - but I guess doing little projects with me from books and magazines was not one of her strengths/priorities or something, because I don't remember ever getting her to do any of those things with me. So at some point I set a goal to try to be good at doing some of those things with my kids. So, recently we had a book from the library that showed how to make eye patches, pirate hats, swords and pirate hooks - and it might have taken me 2 months to get to it, but we did it. And these boys have really appreciated their pirate dress-ups! Can you tell?
I just love how he's still got a hold on his sword. I'm glad that I made that goal, and I hope I can stick to it with more kids and more demands over the years.

No comments:
Post a Comment