He is also finally picking up on the coloring thing - as in coloring in coloring books and such. Previously if you gave him a coloring book he just wasn't interested. He much preferred a plain piece of paper, or a lined piece of paper that he could write words on. Anyway, I love how he is starting to color specific things, like hair or hands and such. I also love how he underlined the words at first, but has started to color them now! He is really loving his primary class at church.
A few weeks ago (after finding a FANTASTIC homemade lemonade recipe) we decided to order a box of lemons with our Bountiful Basket and let Cpc make the lemonade and sell it. It's a fun recipe where you actually use the lemon peels, and it has oh such a wonderful flavor. Cpc worked so hard at peeling those lemons and helping mix up the lemonade. He even gave squeezing the lemon juice a pretty good go, it was pretty tough for those little hands! So, if any of you would like a batch of homemade lemonade concentrate - Cpc would be happy to sell it to you! All proceeds go to his horse-riding lessons!
For Mother's Day in our church they always do some little gift for all the women, and this year the primary kids got to give their mothers "wheat grass." I've unsuccessfully tried buying wheat grass in the past to use in smoothies, so I was a little nervous about using it. However, my first day I mixed up this little treat and we had it daily until our grass quit growing. Even Pmc liked it! I didn't really measure anything - but if you'd like to try it, here's the recipe. 10 ice cubes, 1 banana, some flax seed, some wheat grass, and some strawberry yogurt. I know - awesome on the details right? I have no idea how much I used of any of that, I just eyed it and managed to always have it turn out pretty tasty!
Cpc LOVES to shave with daddy!
Aren't these brothers so stinkin' cute. I can't believe how much these two have grown up, and grown to love each other lately. I LOVE having two boys so close. I hope they will always be the best of friends. Now that they are both mostly potty-trained, and the both get themselves dressed and undressed for the most part - I feel like I can manage a newborn! I love watching them play together and work out their little fights. They certainly do a lot of fighting, but they also really do a good job of treating each other with love and respect!
There is this thing I LOVE about living where we live. As soon as May hits, we get to enjoy some awesome music each Wednesday evening. It floats in through our windows and nourishes my soul. I presume I love this music so much because of the high school my family attended, so I heard lots of it over the years. Maybe not everyone loves bagpipes - but I sure do. And apparently Cpc does too. We walked across the street to listen to the music this week, and I really wanted to capture it, so I took the video of the boys while the musicians played.

No comments:
Post a Comment