Anyway, this past weekend I was wishing for the skill of photography. Then as I thought about writing this post, I was wishing for the skill of poetry. However, I am very mediocre at the first, and am too afraid to even attempt the second. So in my own meager way, I will try to share what I experienced. I will also be grateful that there are some special things in life that you just have to be there for!
We went to Bear Lake again. For a few of you, that's all I need to say. There is something magic about that place for me. The magic is made of so many things.
the calm before the storm
the white-sand bottom
the rippling glass
the less-crowded, more private northeast beach
windy white-capped days
rolling thunderstorms
lightning shows
holiday fireworks, 4 solid days before and after both July4th and 24th
skiing on the gold
drippy sand-castles
sand bar hot tubs
bottles and bottles of sunscreen and bug repellent
mosquitos and horse-flies
church in st. charles and paris
small town celebrations
raspberry shakes
wishing Bundy's was still around
settling for Bear Cave or LaBeau's
picking raspberries
driving all the way to the north shore for the best glass
bruises from the spray
sore muscles that are never used for anything besides waterskiing
sleeping outside
waking in a dew-dampened sleeping bag
waking from the BRIGHT sun that just peeped over the hill
s'mores
peach cobbler
loaded home-grilled burgers
watermelon and honeydew
time with cousins
launching the boat via tractor
water conditions determine the day's schedule
300-piece giant disney puzzles
fixing the boat, again
rowing back to shore with waterskis

No comments:
Post a Comment