This obviously is not a fantastic family picture. We just needed something to share for a family reunion this summer, so we pulled out our little tripod after church on Sunday. But hey, this is how we look these days!
PMC: Life's balanced right now because there's not a lot of free time to direct, at least not for Pmc. 3 lawns to mow each week, work at the furniture store, homework to do, class to attend, church responsibilities and meetings, and the typical around-the-house projects. Yup, that's pretty much it these days (except he left out all of the work and play he does with our little family - he's really good at prioritizing that, even when he's so busy and stressed). And it's a good thing that the graduate program provides some social interaction, because we hardly see our friends anymore - and that's hard!
The truck has really helped though, so what if it's as old as I am (literally!), and has more than a few rust holes? It gets me where I need to go, without Atec and the boys having to come along. If I take care of it, it probably has 100k miles more in it. And you can't beat the price!
ATEC: We haven't taken any pictures of the truck yet, or named it - but we'll get on top of that. It's true that I'm grateful to not have to worry about Pmc getting where he needs to be anymore. I was perfectly willing to be a 1-car family as long as we needed to - but this was the perfect opportunity to upgrade, and I am very grateful for it! Life does have a certain balance to it these days that I just love. However, somehow we are just DYING to have that balance thrown off by the arrival of our little girl. Ok, actually - Pmc is the one who is so anxious. He keeps planning little Arc's due-date for a few weeks early. Sometimes he's even telling me he won't mind a bit if she comes now. I keep reminding him how she'll do so much better if she waits until she's full term, that it won't be much fun to have a baby in the NICU. He knows that, we saw that with our niece - but it doesn't seem to stop him from some strange hope for it! As for me, I still have way too much to do to hope she comes early! On top of that, I'm slowing down - needing more naps, taking longer to do things, struggling to help the boys with little things like tying their shoes, etc.
I guess that's it for now. We're trying out getting back to blogging together a little each week. We'll see if we can keep it up!

1 comment:
Oh Tenille, I miss you. How are you? We really should go to lunch sometime, my treat. Want to before your baby?
xx
Post a Comment