Today I noticed a few things that my kids do that make me happy, and rather than just smiling about it and moving on - I really tried to relish it. It totally made my somewhat boring/normal day into a great day!
Cdc has decided that he doesn't like to hold my hand when we are walking somewhere. Instead, he likes to hold my finger. But not just any finger. And not my pinky or my index finger. He is very particular about holding my ring finger. And not only that, but it has to be the finger that my ring is actually on - meaning my left hand. He doesn't care if we have to stop in the middle of the street and take five minutes getting his chubby little hand wrapped around the right one - it MUST be my finger with my wedding ring. I love it!
Cpc is making up words all day long these days. Now he's writing all sorts of "words" instead of just his name all the time. And when we ask him what it says he explains it very clearly, because he's thought it out. But it sure doesn't make any sense to Pmc and I!
These things are really helping to over-ride the annoyed feelings I've been having about two very bothersome issues. Cdc not only likes to say "no" all the time, but he also whines incessantly when he feels the need to say no. Ugh! And I'm finally coming to grips that I just am not sure how to handle the fact that when Cpc is sick, HE doesn't slow down - but his sensory responses do. This basically means that even if we do all the therapy activities that we normally do, he wets his pants quite often if he's got even a little cold. And even if he's got a really bad cold or a fever or something - he keeps going with all the usual energy! Of course, maybe that's just the genes from my side of the family - my siblings and I are all that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Haha, I totally do that YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT SLOW DOWN OR SKIP ANYTHING NO MATTER HOW SICK YOU ARE thing. It drives Aaron crazy because I'm so unsympathetic to illness in others. I LOVE both your vignettes about the boys. What cuties!
Post a Comment