My inspiration comes from this photograph:
This comes from the "Finding Freedom" project that my cousin Eva Timothy has been working on. You can look at the whole thing on her website. But I just never knew much about Mercy Otis Warren. She's amazing.
I love what she wrote:
"America stands armed with resolution and virtue; but she still recoils at the idea of drawing the sword against the nation from whence she derived her origin. Yet Britain, like an unnatural parent, is ready to plunge her dagger into the bosom of her affectionate offspring."She wrote that shortly before the American Revolution. I'm so grateful that the founding fathers took courage and broke away to make an independent nation. I love America. I pray that we as a nation can bind ourselves to our founding principles and continue to fight for our freedom. I pray that we can unite ourselves for the protection of our families. I am grateful that women in that day stood tall and proud as WOMEN and fulfilled their own unique roles. I hope that women today can do that as well. I am grateful that there are people like Eva who truly appreciate what America has to offer (after growing up in communist Bulgaria). I hope that I can appreciate America just like she does. And DO check out the entire project - absolutely inspiring!


1 comment:
Good for you Tenille! We should all be paying more attention to this fabulous project! Thanks for the heads up. LOVE the music too. Where did you find it?
Post a Comment