Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's a Cabin Day

My heart filled with peace this morning even though we didn't make it to church. I don't know how anyone can gaze across the cold ice and deep blue water of Bear Lake without feeling that peace. Maybe it helps that there are other situations in life which contribute to that peace. But really I love winter at Bear Lake.

We drove up yesterday. We attended the Bear Lake Chocolate Festival. We forewent the chocolate dipped raspberries yesterday in favor of some spicy clam chowder in bread bowls at the festival. The chowder was great, but now I'm craving those raspberries. We entertained the boys at the pool and hot tub, where Cpc decided he LOVES jumping into the pool, and Cdc took a great liking to splashing.

As we drove to Momsey's cabin afterward, Cpc said "It's a cabin day." We thought that was quite fitting! Today is definitely a cabin day. After a rough night of coughing for Cdc, we choose to stay home from church to let him (and me) recover. So we've sat in the cabin all morning; relaxing, reading scriptures, watching "Johnny Lingo," and some nature/science shows on tv. We are grateful for those who research some of God's greatest creations on earth, providing us with insights into places and animals we would never have the means to visit. I love how at Bear Lake Sunday is truly a restful/holy day for me. I need that rest after the work we put in on the other days we're here. Maybe I should say "play" rather than "work." But we play hard here. In the winter we have always spent our days skiing at Beaver or snowmobiling, and our evenings swimming at Lava Hot Springs or the new pool. Summer we spend waterskiing, tubing, wakeboarding, swimming, playing volleyball, basketball and tennis. Any leftover time is spent preparing and enjoying meals. When Sunday comes we need that rest, and it's easy to find God in such a beautiful environment.

So, here's to our cabin today. And here's to our workout at Beaver tomorrow.

Speaking of Beaver - I have the best husband ever. How do those two relate? Well, you know that Beco I've been coveting? Well, I didn't win the giveaway. I was really disappointed. However, some good things have happened lately. Cdc officially grew too big for his infant seat, which meant he needed Cpc's carseat. I did research for quite a while on a carseat, and finally decided on one that only ended up costing 1/4 of the money we had set aside for it. So we decided to split the leftover money, Pmc got half to spend on me for Valentine's day, and I got the other half to buy a Beco. I know, I don't know how that's fair to Pmc - other than the fact that he seriously seems happy to spend money on me. Anyway, so I finally had enough money that I figured I could find one on ebay to buy. However, they suddenly started going for more on ebay. So on Friday, I still hadn't gotten one, and we discussed how it would be so nice to have one so I could stick Cdc on my back (because at Beaver they will let you ski with a kid on your back) while I help Cpc ski on Monday. That settled it, Pmc sent me out to the only place in the valley that sells Beco's to buy a brand new one. So now we are fully equipped for our ski day tomorrow, even without someone to sit in the lodge with Cdc! And since Cdc LOVES being attached to mommy, he is going to have a blast! And I know very well that I am the most spoiled wife on the planet.

So here's to a fun day at Beaver - with both our kids out on the mountain!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like such fun times at the cabin. :) I'm glad it worked out so well for you guys to get a Beco! We ordered one too just recently on Amazon, and sent it to Brandon's sister to hold for us till we come pick it up during our visit to Utah in March. It almost gave her husband a heart attack though when he received it in the mail. He thought it might be his wife's way of making some sort of baby announcement. Lol! He was sure relieved when he found out it was ours. :)

Linda said...

We were up there last week too and felt the same way. Everything is so peaceful and calm. So happy for you...Beco or bust!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...