Lucky Cdc got to celebrate his first birthday at my mom's cabin at Bear Lake. He celebrated by going to the ski resort, the swimming pool, enjoying a dinner of ribs and red potatoes, and eating froggy cupcakes. He got a train set to add to the boys' train table, some bath boats, and an electronic phonics toy from Momsey & Grandpa Don. Cdc was perfectly content to watch me rip the wrapping paper too. He's taking about 20 steps at a time now - but only if he really wants to - no making this kid do anything he's not ABSOLUTELY comfortable with. He didn't really love us letting him go at his birthday cupcake on his own, he would definitely have preferred for us to cut it into bite size pieces to avoid the mess! Happy Birthday dude! We sure are grateful for the wonderful surprise of adding you to our family so soon!
There were a couple of special things about our weekend at the lake. First, it was SUPER foggy. The entire lake was covered in fog all weekend....which made getting to the cabin take twice as long as usual once we got into the valley. We also ended up hitting a huge white hare, after it weaved back and forth in front of us and off the road multiple times. We were so sad! Luckily Cpc was watching a movie on the iPod and didn't see! But the fog looked BEAUTIFUL from Logan Canyon Saturday morning when we headed out to ski the beav.
Isn't Cpc becoming a great photographer? Those last few are from his perspective - this is everyone at 8pm after a full day of skiing and swimming!
Cpc really enjoyed skiing for his second time (he skied a month or so ago at Snowbird - my all time least favorite resort - I broke my leg there in fourth grade and they didn't treat me very well). In fact, by the end of the day he could make a pizza with his skis all by himself, too bad Aunt Cse didn't get that one on film. Pmc also enjoyed his second day of skiing, and even attempted a black diamond with me and my mom and her husband! We are so grateful to Grandpa Don for giving Pmc his old skis! Oh, and I'm also very grateful for a ski-bum dad - we appreciate those free passes! Now we just need to round me up some of my own skis. See, after I broke my leg, I didn't ski for quite a few years, until snowboarding became the thing - then I took that up. Well, I lost interest after my mission, and decided to attempt skiing again. So far it's GREAT - but I still haven't attempted those mean moguls that broke my leg. But skiing with my mom was a great way to learn and improve my skills!
Have I mentioned how annoyed I am that our desktop computer is moody? Some days it works fine, while others it tells us it has decided to never work again. Only to work perfectly the next day. I hate doing pictures for the blog through the netbook - because we don't store our pictures on it, only on the external hard drive. But picasa takes forever to import those photos and then upload. So now I'm using blogger's upload feature, which doesn't allow me enough formatting options. Ugh. Why do we persist in this love-hate relationship with technology? I better not get started on that.
On other notes, did I mention we switched to cloth diapering? Yeah, Pmc calls me a granola. Think what you want, I'm saving nearly $100/month already. I may still be in the steep learning curve that is washing cloth diapers - but alas, I think it's worth it. Really, it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Besides that - with plans to have seven kids - I think we'll save lots of money! We also switched over from a pack-n-play to a peapod, and we're LOVING that choice. I still am working on saving up my spending money to switch from the Baby Bjorn to the Beco Butterfly. That's definitely a bit trickier. Why am I sharing all this? I don't know, 'cause it's what's been on my mind I guess. We are working on simplifying - and it sure is making me feel good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Cute!! Happy birthday Centers for Disease Control! ;)
I'm totally proud of you for doing cloth diapers--I think if I could go back, I'd give 'em a whirl too. Way to be a green mama!
I'm soooo not into the being green, however I have started making baby slings. I like to be able to wear my baby and I LOVE that you can nurse them and no one can tell. I hope that the butterfly thing works for you.
I can't believe you already have a skiier!!! So cute. Thanks for sharing!
Wow, look at all of these cabin memories you guys are making. I wish my family had a cabin. I was always jealous of those that did.
Post a Comment