Sunday, September 28, 2008

Enjoying the Show!

WOW... I really needed a day like today. I've been going super-speed for like a month straight. Today I finally let go of worrying about school for one day and it's been great. Plus, I took a nap and we spent a couple of hours with my whole family, which we haven't done in awhile. It was my niece's blessing today, so Holly and her family were in from Vernal. It was the first time since T&J had cac that we've had all of my parents' grandchildren together. So we took a few minutes to get some pictures taken. It was fun, but it made us miss Steve too (my brother who's in Uruguay.) We're glad he's where he is, but miss him too. We also got the 4 mothers with their 4 new babies. It's so nice to be able to be with family. As we prepare for my attending graduate school, this is one thing we've (well, not atec as much as me) had a bit of a hard time with. We want to be able to have the experience of living away from home to teach us to really depend on each other, but we don't want to be so far away that we only see family once or twice a year. That's why I think I want to go to Utah State, or maybe UC Davis. I think I'd like to stay in the west at least.
Atec also got to go back to Lagoon yesterday with a couple of her siblings. She said it was lots of fun. She came home in time to watch the General Relief Society Meeting, while I went to the Utah football game. I was able to get quite a bit of organizing and homework done while she was gone all day yesterday. That was just what I needed, cause now I feel very much 'on-top-of-things'.
The latest with cpc is that he's an absolute joy to be with, unless it's time for him to sleep. Of course, out of the blue he slept for 12 hours last night (with a few eating stops, after which he went right back to sleep.) He's a funny boy to figure out, but we have a theory. From the first day he was born, he's always been very alert. He always wants to be looking around and figuring things out. We think that he has trouble falling into a deep sleep because his mind is trying to process all that "stuff" he's trying to cram inside it each day. It's not that tough to get him to fall asleep in our arms when he's tired... it's moving him into his cradle that wakes him up because he just never gets asleep deeply enough.
He does a great job of mimicking sounds, and trying to talk back. atec got a video of that this week:
Other than that, there's not much new to add. Atec has another new violin student, so she now has 5 students - 2 viola and 3 violin. I'm anxious for the baseball playoffs (the Red Sox made it via the wild card), and Utah football is as good as ever. (Keep in mind, I missed the 2004 season when they went undefeated, so this is new to me!) It's hard for me to not get too wrapped up in these things, but at least I'm not a die-hard Jazz fan... only a casual fan, so there is an off-season coming up where sports don't dominate things. I really try hard to keep it all under control, but it's just me. I have a very deep-rooted love of watching baseball and football.
As for this week's song, hopefully we're getting it on here before you hear it a thousand times and hate it. It's a good message... we should be enjoying life. that's what God sent us here for: JOY! And for me, it's when I take a step back, slow down, and breath; that's when I feel the joy of life, and enjoy the show.

4 comments:

jbc said...

Thanks for the pictures...and for sharing a special day.

As special as today was (having family with us), I wouldn't trade our years away for anything...whatever you guys decide will bring good things to your family:)

Wynder Family said...

I watched you video and I can't believe that babies actually go through the babbling stage It's been so long since Michaella was there and soon the twins will be there. You are such a cute mommy, don't you love it.
We should get together sometime. By the way when do you move?

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

Hi Tenille! It's fun to read your blog, you're little guy is so cute! We'll have to keep in touch :) It was fun to have a class with you at the U (but I'm very happy that I'm done with school) anyways, we moved to Vegas, but let's get together next time we're up in Utah...we need to get our little men together to play!

brittanimae said...

Those pictures are so cute! I love your hair that way Tenille. Darn that cpc is cute. I can't wait to see him again. Come visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...