So you know how everyone goes through awkward stages? Like in junior high when your legs grow faster than everything else, and your coordination goes, and you break out with pimples. Well, I didn't realize how many awkward stages babies have.

First there was cpc's "serious baby acne" stage. I just felt so bad for him with his face all covered in miniature pimples. He is a cute baby, but they just detracted from his cute face so much!

Next there was the "bald man" stage. He started out with a good head of hair, including my Grandpa Hooper's sideburns (nearly to the bottom of his ears). But when he went through the typical hair loss that babies tend to go through, it all fell out on top first. Seriously, he had a shiny bald head with hair growing on ALL sides! (This was just as the front started to grow back in.)
Well, now he's at a new awkward stage. He is just too big for 0-3 month clothes. Mainly he's too long for them. But he's just not quite big enough to fill up the 3-6 month clothes.


We attended the Utah vs. UNLV football game last week, and his dad decked him out! He enjoyed watching all the people, and then slept through the second half cheers and the fireworks. We also went to Lagoon last week and took cpc on the carousel.
Cpc has also started talking up a storm. It's our favorite thing to just listen to him talk and talk and talk!
Note on the left a slideshow of the pictures my cousin Shawni took for us of pregnancy, and some baby/family pictures. She is a fabulous photographer and she is so sweet to spoil us with some of her works!
Last, I just thought this was entertaining....I love to make bread from scratch. I think that the

bread tastes 10,000 times better than store-bought. I also LOVE kneading bread. It totally relaxes me. However, being a mom and making bread can be challenging time-wise. I have definitely had a learning curve with this. Just so you know, when you mix half of the flour in with the yeast mixture and then let it sit for 10-15 minutes.....it's not okay to let it sit 25 minutes so you can finish nursing the baby! I punched the middle of this back down before I thought to take a picture, but it was a big bubble and was leaking down the sides. However, I saved it and the bread turned out just fine!
5 comments:
Hey it's piper. Your baby is so cute. I love blogs so that we can keep in touch. My blog is Mattandpiper.blogspot.com
Love ya!
I love being able to watch Clark grow via blog. He is so cute. The picture of Paul & Clark wearing their hats is adorable, but the best part about it is the look of love, pride, and joy on gradma's face in the background. It made me cry.
Gosh I forgot how many awkward stages they go through, but you're right they happen. Isn't it so nice to have blogs to journal those moments. I like the new picture under your header, looks good!
I love your new header picture! And Clark is unbelievably adorable in every one of those. I want to eat him!
ahhh, the baby acne and bald heads. I went through that with my kids for sure. My oldest, Lauren, had the funniest old man hair. She was completely bald on top and had a DARK ring on the bottom. It was hilarious. And Sarah had the worst baby acne. She was a tiny baby in the hot summer months and our swamp cooler just didn't cut it. I guess it might have been a heat rash, but it was there for about 2 weeks.
Post a Comment