Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tricks

Cpc pulled a few tricks on us this week. We're not quite sure we want him developing these skills quite yet, but hey, it's him that's learning so we don't really have a choice. Maybe we're lucky to have such a smart, aware child!

The first trick he pulled was actually while I was doing the blog post last week. I set him down on his tummy, and came to the computer and clicked "publish post." When I walked back over to him he was on his back. I was so shocked because he wasn't even mad about having tummy time. Just to make sure I hadn't dreamt that I'd put him on his tummy, I put him back on his tummy. Sure enough, he rolled over. I don't think he was really trying to, he was just kicking hard....but really, I'm not ready for that kind of mobility in my child! He's done it three or four times since. Unfortunately we have been unable to catch it on video thus far.

The second trick was holding his bottle. Pmc and I have worked out a schedule that really works for us. Cpc usually eats twice during the night: once around 3am....I just get up and feed him, and then again around 6am and pmc gets up and feeds him some pumped milk. Well, one morning pmc came and woke me up and said I needed to come look. At first I was a little bothered that he was waking me up, but when I saw this:I decided it was definitely worth me being awake. He was REALLY holding the bottle all by himself. Again, I don't think he was trying to, but he was surprisingly good at it.

The final trick he pulled was actually his own version of one we wanted him to do. There's this funny thing that my dad always did to me and my siblings when we were babies. He holds both feet in one hand and the baby naturally stands and balances on his hand. Well, cpc just wouldn't do it.....he flails his arms and bends his knees. But he will do it genie style! Sorry about the bad quality video, it just wouldn't upload until I made it extra small!


Anyway, we had a great Labor Day weekend. We were planning to go to Bear Lake so that I could finally water ski this season, but alas finances and the knowledge that there would be a big storm changed our plans. So we watched the Ute game and went to the Cundick cabin, and thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of a huge rainstorm. We finally got cpc together with his cousin cac, who was born about a month ago....Grams was doing a great job holding both of them!The past few weeks have brought some new changes for us as well. We are of course stressed about finances due to rising costs, as well as hospital bills. So we looked for extra sources of income, and ways to cut our expenses. I'm learning to enjoy teaching violin a bit more, and am about to start a new job teaching at Gymboree Play & Music. Pmc is back in school, and has a pretty big load (therefore he doesn't have as much time to find things he wants to buy online!)....but it's nice to know that the end is in sight for his Bachelor's.

Last night we had a great FHE with the Eyre family, where the Sister Missionaries came and taught us a lesson. Cpc and his cousin LucyMae got some more time to get to know each other. Maybe you're tired of pictures of the two of them....but since LucyMae will be moving to South Dakota in January, we've got to live up their time together.

1 comment:

brittanimae said...

Um, I could never NEVER get tired of those pictures. There is now saliva on my computer screen (from kissing I suppose I should specify).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...