Oh what a beautiful Easter we enjoyed this year.We attended the neighborhood Egg Hunt, which the kids loved. I love how Cdc ONLY picked up green eggs. Anyone know what his favorite color is?
I thought I'd also write down a few of our Easter traditions here while I'm thinking about it.
The Monday before Easter we have a little lesson about what Easter is and what it means. I have a little binder, one of my Young Women (the organization for young women in our church) leaders made for me years ago, which has pictures, scriptures and quotes from Apostles (the leaders called by God to lead our church) about each day of the week of Easter. We use this binder to teach our kids about Easter, it has been a great resource for us over the past few years. As the kids get older I hope to draw out the lessons a little more, but for now we keep it pretty simple. I also enjoy using the binder a little throughout the week for my personal study.
On Saturday we dye eggs, and while we do so we talk a bit about all the symbolism associated with Easter. Eggs, chicks, spring, death, resurrection. It is getting so fun with Cpc and Cdc - they are so curious about how all these things work. It gives us great opportunities to teach them what we believe, and share our personal testimonies of Christ, His resurrection, eternal families and our belief that we will be together again after this Earth life.
On Sunday the Easter Bunny comes and hides all the eggs that we dyed all over our yard and the kids have a blast trying to find every last one. Also each person gets a little basket with their favorite Easter candy in it. We also have one big family basket that holds some extra favorites, and the first clue for a little treasure hunt. At the end of the treasure hunt is Dad's big surprise gift to the family.
Mom's gift is some new Sunday clothes, usually matching for everyone.





No comments:
Post a Comment