We use these things quite a bit in our home so we better keep a record of them.
The first is a chart that Pmc made based on Plutchik's emotion scales. Look it up if you get a chance, very good for kids to see that emotions are not unrelated, that they can be on a scale of intensity. It has really helped Cpc with his anger - he doesn't get nearly so upset anymore and tells us when something bothers him. I love that when he is angry we can simply say "bring it down" and he can truly understand. He is so visual that I think most of the time he doesn't truly understand a concept until he can see it...just like his dad. I guess that's why Pmc is the one who comes up with these things. We need to go over the "sad" emotions with Cdc, and a few of the others for that matter!
The second chart is also by Pmc...the boys were getting a little carried away with bossing others around so Pmc created this in a matter of minutes one night for our Family Home Evening lesson. Totally worked.
Last but most important is the magnets Pmc and I made. We use these daily to remind the kids of their routines and give them some choices in daily activities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment