Monday, June 7, 2010

Lost in Learning

"True learning is INNATE and passionate. It requires neither coercion nor cajoling. It springs naturally from our desires to grow, to create, to master, and to make meaning of life." ~Adam Timothy (Lost in Learning, 2010)


This has recently become my very favorite quote! You see those pictures over on the right side of the blog still? The ones by my dear friend/cousin Eva Timothy? Well, she is publishing a book. Her husband wrote an essay that goes along with her Fine Art Photography focused on some of the greatest figures in history.

I am devoting an entire post to this because Pmc and I have both come to the conclusion that this is a MUST-HAVE book for us, and we believe the same for our friends and family. This philosophy is at the very core of my soul. I have always craved knowledge and intellect. When people ask me what my favorite food is I tell them "anything I haven't tried." Why? Because I love learning new things through my senses, including taste! I love trying new things. But sometimes I let my fear overcome me and I don't let myself grow, create and master those things which are possible.

I've spoken many times about how much I love Cpc's passionate desire to discover his world. Sometimes I squelch that desire because I have an agenda for him. But I am not learning how to let go of my agenda, and get on board with his for discovery. That doesn't mean that I shut out discipline and work....it just means that our days are full of much more fulfillment and joy!

Furthermore, Eva's images have been nominated in the PX3 International Photography Awards in Paris. The winners are chosen by popular vote, so feel free to register here, and then view the images and vote here for her work if you feel so inclined!

You'll also find a new little button on the right-hand side of the blog for her book. It is being published this fall....I'll let you know where you can get it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...