Yesterday I was sitting in a class at the annual Intermountain Suzuki String Institute observing one of my students, and playing with cpc in my lap. We have a mini magna-doodle toy that I keep in the diaper bag, which he was playing with. I realized that he was actually trying to put the end of the pen on the board, like we would always show him. So I switched it around in his hand, so the magnetic tip was the right way, and TA-DA! He has figured out how to draw. He already thoroughly enjoys his new skill, and today tried drawing with a real pen and paper. I really enjoyed watching his face light up as he realized HE was causing those lines on the paper!
Then today, I was letting him enjoy a little Signing Time while I was searching the internet for birthday presents for him. He usually watches for about 25 minutes, but today he was apparently done after 20 minutes. We have one of those desks with the drawer for the keyboard that folds down. Well, cpc came over folded the drawer up and tried to push it in while I was typing, and then looked at me with a sweet face that definitely said "Mom, I'm ready to play with you again, you're done now." I could not resist, and not that I should have. I am so glad to be able to see how much my adorable son loves me.
More to come soon!

2 comments:
Adorable! Way to go for filing away his first artistic attempts! He'll thank you for it when he's a famous architect/draftsman/artist.
I adore magna-doodles! I still have a photograph of Theo's first "representational art," a car with a steering wheel. You can't imagine how much I'm looking forward to seeing that little guy!
Post a Comment