Thursday, June 11, 2009

Housekeeping

No, I don't mean keeping my actual house. I mean things I need to take care of blog-wise.

We are trying really hard to feel secure about not going private with our blog. We really don't want to. We will if we have to. So, here's what we ask of you. Notice how we only use our initials? We never use our first names, we never give addresses or phone numbers on our blog? We have the little visitor map so we can see where people are that are looking at our blog. I know these aren't the most useful means of being secure, but they are the efforts we've chosen to make. So can you do us one big favor? We don't mind you linking to our blog, at all. Just don't use our first names. And when you comment, can you please try not to use our first names? You are welcome to use initials like we do. I'm sorry if it messes with your blog lists, looks funny among all the other names. But we'd really really really REALLY appreciate it.

We hope this doesn't offend anyone. We'd rather ask you to do this instead of going private and forgetting to invite someone and offend that way. Thank you very much!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I know what you mean. It's a scary world out there! I tried to be sensitive when I named people's blogs on my blog. Just double checked and your's in Cundick (since it's in the title I figured it's okay.) WAY better to do a post like this than go private! I hate private blogs!

heidikins said...

Friends don't call out other Friends on the Internet. I am SOOOO with you on the "please don't share information that *I* choose not to share."

I actually had to change my blog address because of this problem--I don't want to be that googleable, ya know?

xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...