Thursday, April 23, 2009

Syracuse, New York

Because this is the best way to make sure I didn't miss telling anyone important, we have another announcement to make.

We are moving to Syracuse, New York, come early August. Okay, actually we are only 98% sure of this decision. We are headed down to the temple this afternoon to pray for confirmation of that choice. Pmc got a phone call Tuesday morning with an offer for a Full Assistantship from the University. We are SO EXCITED.

Most of all though, I am very very proud of Pmc. He worked very hard for this offer, and did quite a few things he was a little uncomfortable with. But he sure is being rewarded for it. What a great early birthday present to him. Which reminds me we didn't take any pictures on his birthday yesterday....ugh. Oh well, you'll hear about his birthday in our Sunday post.

For now, here's some awesomeness about where we're headed.

The University: <--that's a link, check it out! Sweet info
Just try to tell me that isn't gorgeous!

His assistantship covers all of tuition, plus a stipend. He won't be allowed to hold any other job, but it looks like it's a good area for Suzuki Violin, so we'll get by. We get benefits too, although we're still trying to get the details on what exactly that means. And they'll let me take 3 credits each semester too! If I can find time amidst being a mom and teacher, I would LOVE to keep getting some edumacation! Yahoo!

We have yet to find a place to live, but we're working on that. We expect lots of visitors, especially if you're coming to visit Palmyra, which is only a 75-minute drive! We're so excited to be so close to so many places we want to visit.

10 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Oh my goodness, I got chills reading this!!! I love Syracuse; I've been there a few times before and you're right-it's gorgeous! What a neat experience for ALL of you. Pretty sure you can plan on us visiting...hopefully... :)

jbc said...

Yahoo is right! I'm very very excited for you guys...and a bit jealous of the adventures you will have. We will just have to make it work to visit (how long is the program?).

And by the way, happy birthday belated to PMC.

Ken and Andrea. said...

Oh my!! That is soo exciting!! Hooray for Paul!! You are going to be sorely missed!!

brycemoore said...

Many happy congratulations! Of course you realize this means you must come to Maine while you're out here. We'll head down your way for sure sure sure. Happy day! And tell PMC a happy birthday from me, too.

brittanimae said...

I could not be more excited for you guys! What a fun adventure. I have a feeling you will LOVE it there.

The Kippen House said...

How exciting! We will miss you, but what an adventure!!! You will have to keep us updated EVERYDAY!!!!

Krystal said...

congratulations! Good job, pmc... the campus looks beautiful!!

Evans Fam said...

Congrats! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL! fun moving adventures ahead...ugghh! and it does look gorgeous there so we'll definitely be out to visit!

Jennifer said...

That is so exciting for you guys!!! Congratulations! Yes, it looks very beautiful too. What a great bonus that you get free classes along with the deal. :)

heidikins said...

Oh Wow! That is so exciting!!! Also, Happy Birthday Paul!

xox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...