Monday, April 13, 2009

Pictures

We have a few behind-the-times photos to share:

My little sister Cse's birthday party at my mom's house - 

The family-favorite Marzipan cake. I sure love those, although the bakery my mom got them at while we were growing up went out of business. Dan's had one, and it was good, but not nearly as delightful as previous years.
Cpc enjoying the vaulted ceilings...
Next we have what kept Cpc entertained at Stake Conference a few weeks ago.
And last but not least, one of my favorite views:
I was very lucky to grow up on the east bench of Salt Lake City. We are currently living about a block from the home I grew up in, so we see pretty much the same sunset now that I loved growing up. We had a balcony that I spent many an evening sitting on while crying and watching the sunset. Whenever I was unhappy about my parents' arguing, or my teenage emotions, or some combination of the two, I always found comfort in watching the sun sink behind the mountains. I think it reminded me that the world was created by Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ, and they were my eternal family, and they would love me no matter what happened with my earthly family.

Update of the week next...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...