Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sweet Screams of Protest

On Wednesday we were lucky enough to have the Oaks' over for dinner, along with C, who Pmc and Mo taught as missionaries. I really enjoyed finally getting to meet C, who I've heard lots about over the past 3 years. Cpc and Do are 2 months apart and really enjoyed playing together. We were also offered 4 tickets to the Utah Basketball game for that night, so after C went to work, we headed to the Hunstman Center. Cpc seemed to enjoy basketball more than the football games, as did I. I grew up attending plenty of basketball games, since all my cousins are tall and played. I get the game of basketball, football doesn't really hold my attention as well. So that was quite enjoyable.

I had (and still have some lingering effects of) a miserable cold, which Pmc has picked up as well...though he seems to be getting through it quicker than me (probably due to the sleep he gets). Cpc still has a runny nose, but his gums don't seem to be bothering him as much. But he can't breathe very well at night, so I'm getting a little less sleep. However, cpc is generally still his typical happy self. At some point during the last week my little sister came over with some Sour Patch Kids, and left the bag in our garbage can. Well, cpc quickly found the bag of course.....we turned around to find him licking his hand and then sticking it back into the pile of sugar in his lap, as pleased as punch!

Sadly we found an injured deer in our yard this week as well. It's hind leg had the top half of the bone completely exposed with the fur hanging off the leg. It had a couple other deer hanging around to protect it. But it seemed to be up and around just fine. We had the wildlife people come look at it, and they decided not to shoot it. So we watched it for a couple days, Cpc and I named it Bambi, and then it disappeared when it started snowing. We are sad that Bambi left us! It was a sweet deer! We hope it's okay!


For date night we went ice-skating. Luckily we were just in time to still go to an outdoor rink, which I LOVE! However, the rental skates were totally dull, and they didn't Zamboni the ice very well........but it was still SOOO much fun! We are very grateful aunt Cse came with us to let Pmc and I skate a little together! I am so grateful I married someone who loves to do all sorts of sports.... We have so much fun doing different activities almost every time we go out, and we learn so much together. 


We have mixed feelings today as I post this.....we found out that Pmc didn't get into UCDavis. At first we both felt a little relief that we don't have to add it into our decision-making process. But we do both feel a little bad because we love California......Oh well, it is what it is!

Cpc is growing up WAY too fast. Our favorite things about him this week are: the way he has to eat his spaghetti squash off his tray (instead of the spoon) and also slurps it like actual spaghetti (which we didn't teach him to do), and how his new favorite toy is the nose squeegee bulb (I can't figure why he likes it so much when he screams everytime he sees me pick it up). Neither of us are enjoying the screams that have erupted from Cpc, although I'm sure when he's a teenager I will wish for his sweet screams of protest over the "mom you're so annoying" looks that are bound to come! We sure love our sweet little son!

Oh, and we randomly saw this singer on TV the other night. I can't believe that voice comes from this girl.....WOW!

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

I agree...Basketball is far more entertaining than football. Football's good for parties and food though because I don't have to pay attention. Your ice skating sounds awesome; we go every year after Christmas as an entire extended family and it's probably one of my favorite things!

Krystal said...

hey atec, cpc looks just like you in the ice skating photo (he'd be cute either way, but he totally looks like you!) what a cutie pie!!

brittanimae said...

I love the picture of you and Paul ice-skating! That little guy of yours gets cuter every day. Good luck on your decision-making!!

natalie said...

First of all I can't believe their was an injured deer in your yard. I probably would've been nervous at first, but I'm a wuss. I'm glad you guys do date nights, they're so important for a marriage. I haven't been ice-skating in years what a great idea. I know there's ice in Montana. As far as the school thing you're right it is what it is, but you obviously are supposed to go somewhere else. Good Luck!

Sam, Julie, Tucker & Maizie said...

Cute pictures! Your little guy sure looks like you Tenille. Good luck on the school thing, everything happens for a reason, you'll probably be so happy that you didn't get in when something better comes along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...