We started the year off right.....at Bear Lake! Mmmm, we spent New Year's with my mom and her husband up at their lake-house. It was nice and cozy. We played games and went to the Riverdale Resort. The resort is a hot-springs with a few waterslides. Clearly we didn't do the waterslide thing, but the hot-springs were so nice, even with FREEZING wind. Luckily there was a little enclosed part so that cpc could participate. He has become exceedingly coordinated with his hands. Much like his dad, balls are his favorite thing....we may have a sports-junkie on our hands.
After the hot-springs we left cpc with Momsey & Grandpa DG and headed to the Logan Anniversary Inn to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. I am so grateful to have been married to my best friend for the past 2 years. They have LITERALLY been the best 2 years of my life, and I fall more in love with him all the time.
Once we got back we had to plunge shoulder-deep into boxes. Even though it was only a 5.7-mile-move, it took nearly as much work as moving across the country. Cpc seemed to handle the move pretty well. He actually had a harder time playing on the floor in our old apartment once it was empty, than he did adjusting to the new apartment. He loved helping us pack boxes though. Here are a few fun pictures from the move.
For some final details, we'll share a little about cpc's development. Cpc has been a little slow on developing his "shuffle crawl," mainly because I was not super-supportive of that progressing, I just didn't want him into everything when we had no space to get things out of his reach, and would be packing. He can now get up on his hands and knees, and just about has the hang of it. I'm positive that since we live so close to Aunt CSE now, she will teach him the rest! Cpc is now a bottomless pit/garbage disposal. He will eat anything, and as much of it as we give to him. Actually I must qualify that. He doesn't like store-bought baby food. Yes that's right. I've been making baby food. It's really not hard, and he gets more variety this way. He doesn't just get apples, he gets Braeburn & Golden Delicious, etc. He likes all types of squash & LOVES pumpkin. He can usually have something that we're eating, which is nice. The only thing I've made that he didn't like was Peaches, but top it with a little cinnamon & he'll eat it right up! I believe cpc came wired just like his mommy......all foods, if cooked right are worth eating, and foods un-tried are the best! We're making progress in the sleep department, though there are often setbacks. Mostly this mommy just loves that her little boy loves to cuddle, and has a very hearty laugh!
And as for the move, yes, we're caught back up, for the most part. All the boxes are unpacked (we can't live out of boxes!), and we are LOVING the extra space....especially cpc!

4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys had such a fun New Year and such a successful move! Brandon and I spent an anniversary at the Logan anniversary inn one year too. We loved it! :)
cpc...so adorable! You'll have to teach me how to make baby food one day; that's definitely something I'd like to do if we ever have kids. Pretty sure I'm jealous of your hot springs playing; that sounds absolutely fabulous right now.
Hope you guys are enjoying our old apartment...and Joyce's good cooking. love ya guys.
You guys are so cute, I love the picture at the top of your blog!
Post a Comment