Well, the good news is that I've gotten a lot better at DOing this lately rather than just trying to plan out the perfect routine on certain things. But the best news is that there are certain things that aren't part of a routine that I finally have space in my mind for. In particular - spending more time doing fun things with my kids!
I have these beautiful kids that are growing up way too fast already! Look at them - they're so cute and WAY too big!
So, here's some of the things we've been doing that may seem routine, but are the times I cherish:
Going through an inordinate amount of stickers...
Goofing off for extra long periods of time...
Enjoying our meals with a little extra enthusiasm...
Cpc has been melting my heart lately with the way he understands things well enough that he is constantly asking "what may I do next?" Even if I tell him a certain chore is next, he just jumps right in. While Cpc is at Joy School, Cdc knows that we get to do some chores together, and then we get to play together. When Cpc gets in the car after Joy School, before he tells us all about what he did, he asks us what we did while he was gone. It's so sweet!
In other random news, we recently:
Went to visit some friends up in Heber and were astounded by the beauty of the layers of mountains...
Had a mission reunion where we really enjoyed talking with people we love, and were reminded of other people we love who we'd like to get back in touch with...
Discovered that even though Cdc doesn't fall asleep at nap-time anymore, he still can't quite make it 'til bedtime...
Had a Joy School outing at the park...
Discovered Cdc is still fearless...

No comments:
Post a Comment