Thursday, September 6, 2012

Prayers and Sharing

Today Cpc did three things that just melted my heart!

We were running errands and I bought the boys a drink to share. I handed the drink to Cpc and told him he needed to not have any until we got to the car, and then he needed to share with Cdc. Cdc has a cold and was ready for a nap, so I guess the drink wasn't very enticing to him. So after Cpc waited patiently until he was all buckled in the car, he also patiently continued to offer the drink to Cdc after every sip he took. Cdc only said yes about one in every twelve offers, but Cpc continued to offer until it was gone!

As we were driving home I got a call from my little sister, who's car had died and she needed me to come pick her up. But we needed to stop at the house and put a few groceries in the fridge and freezer. So as we pulled in I told the kids to stay in the car while I ran inside. But Cpc forgot and still unbuckled his seatbelt. So when I came outside he said something about needing to pray, and I told him he could pray anytime, that he didn't need to wait for me! But I apparently misunderstood because he then explained that he was having a hard time getting himself buckled again and so he and Cdc were praying for help to get it buckled!

Then when we finally got home with Aunt Ace, we made lunch and I asked Cpc to pray. Something must have clicked recently for him because he said the most thoughtful prayer - for him and Cdc to get better soon, for Ace's car to get fixed so she could go back to school, for daddy to be happy, etc.

I love that Cpc and his big heart!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...