Friday, September 14, 2012

Moments

When Cpc was born I tried so hard to capture every little thing on camera. I didn't want to forget, and I wished there were more pictures of me hitting my milestones as a baby. I was a third child, and there weren't digital cameras back then! Now I have my third child - and while I'm certainly no less fascinated with her development than I was with my first two - I'm not taking quite as many pictures. And I like it. I feel bad for her - but it is so much easier to soak in the full moment when I'm not trying to capture a visual portion of it.

But I would like to capture this moment as much as I can through words: I'm sitting on my Ikea chair with the door open enjoying the sounds of our neighborhood. Arc is laying on my lap with a full tummy making her satisfied sighing noises, half in-and-out of sleep, startling a bit every couple minutes and stretching he body out. Cpc is in his room with the door open playing trains for quiet time. How he can play trains day after day for quiet time without getting bored, I just don't know. Cdc is on my bed talking to himself - some real words but also some gibberish mixed in. I love that he still talks gibberish sometimes. Over the past few weeks he doesn't nap as often during quiet time - but instead has taken to "reading" his books rather than using them as comfort objects. Arc just looked up at me and smiled - so now is the time to soak her happy face in...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...