Sunday, August 19, 2012

Thank You Hermana Eyre

I am so grateful that my little sister is on her mission right now, and for totally selfish reasons! She is really helping my motivation to get a blog post up each Sunday evening. This is going to be super quick because we're ready for bed, and I don't have many pictures.

We had kind of a crazy week. We're still struggling a bit with this adjustment to 3 kids. It's been a while since we've had to plan around an infant. Both the boys have been pretty easy for a while now to get into the car quickly - they can both climb in the car by themselves, and I only have to help Cdc a little with his carseat straps - Cpc buckles himself. But the process now of getting them all into and out of the car everytime we go somewhere is a little taxing. Plus, there is planning around making sure both of them have gone potty, and Arc has been fed recently enough. Then, there's the bedtime routine - which was a very predictable routine previously. Now feeding Arc messes with the boys' bedtime routine a bit, plus in order for me and Pmc to get to bed there's getting her to bed (which is not really to a schedule point yet, although she does sleep well), as well as getting the boys up to go potty. So when we decide we're ready for bed, there's still a huge process. But hey, we'll get there, and we're really enjoying this process even though it's tricky.

Cpc and Cdc have been picking up on my efforts to teach them cleaning and organization skills - sometimes to the extreme. I put the boys shoes away like this a little while ago to make sure we weren't missing any shoes, as well as checking to make sure they all still fit. Well, ever since the boys have been doing this a few times a week:

Those two green flip-flops were the only shoes I put away in their closet! The rest were perfectly lined up!

Cdc and Cpc are still being great pals, and keeping each other entertained. They love playing outside, and beg me all day to go out. It's been so hot that I've almost quit letting them go out after about 10am 'cause them come back in with sopping hair from their sweat! So, Cdc can often be found like this in the morning:

Arc is so full of smiles, and there have been a few times recently where she's convinced me that she was actually smiling AT me. I LOVE babyhood! However, I have yet to catch one on camera - and it is definitely for lack of trying. I just haven't been great at pulling out the camera at those moments. But I am catching some sweet shots of her anyway!

She loves that binky of hers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...