There have been so many little things lately that I have relished and want to hold on to through posting them on the blog. Little things I haven't taken pictures of or that you can't totally capture anyway. Here they are:
Cdc loves to jump. He comes into our bed in the morning, gets his cuddles and then it starts - the jumping. We've told him he can't jump on his bed, but he's still little enough that we let him jump on ours or the couch. My favorite is that he always ends with landing on his bum!
Cpc loves to ride his bike. All day long. Everyday. In the morning upon discovering it isn't raining he'll ask if he can ride his bike. I am so grateful for our little gravel parking lot right outside the kitchen window, which allows him to ride while I make dinner and such. He even rode his bike at the park fast enough for me to get my heart rate up walking yesterday. I was so grateful because he's having a pretty hard time getting along with Cdc in the jogger stroller lately. Plus, riding his bike is awesome input.
The weather has been steadily improving and I'm enjoying just hanging out outside with the boys outside lately. Yesterday we got all our chores done first thing in the morning and spent the afternoon nearly tying a small bubbles bottle without spilling any.
In the middle of the night I sometimes hear a sweet little voice say "mommy, I need to go potty!" I'm so grateful for how easy Cdc has been to potty train and what an amazing sleeper he's been. And every time I hear this in the middle of the night, that is what I think. Even if occassionally it's too late and I have to change his sheets in the middle of the night.
Speaking of that, I'm grateful that we moved to NY and met the H family and they taught us about SPD. As it is, it's hard to not be hard on Cpc because he's SO smart and when he doesn't act that way it's confusing. But I can only imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't understand what was going on to some extent. We keep telling ourselves - if he learned to sleep, he will also learn to keep his pants dry. We just haven't found our solution yet!
The boys are learning to play with each other really well. The other day they played in the backyard for an hour together with no fighting and a whole lot of creativity! It was nice to just let them play and work on a project - although I didn't get that much done because I couldn't help stopping every few minutes to watch them play together!
Cpc is getting some of the lessons we've been working on! Particularly cleaning up! I can tell him to put the books away, and instead of coming in later to find an avalanche of books next to the bookshelf, they are all neatly organized! His sorting skills are really something, he's even learned to put the library books in their own spot!
There are a few cute things Cdc has said lately that I just can't seem to pull out of the brain archive. But we love how well he communicates!
And lastly, I don't love the fact that a bunch of crazies ran past our house for an hour this morning with some other crazy cheering them on by ringing a cowbell outside our window for an hour straight! Way to go marathoners! At least Cpc slept through it, he needed the extra sleep! But really, I still think those of my family that run marathons are crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment