It has been a LONG 24 hours to say the least. I believe it was around this time yesterday that we felt that things were fine, we blogged, and had some fun stuff ahead of us for today. Last night just after we ate dinner, Cdc had another episode. He'd had a few of them since Thursday, but we were still not super concerned about them until last night.
He had his fourth or fifth episode, and we decided they must need attention. We still felt rather calm about it, but we finally took him to the ER, he had lots of tests and a chest x-ray done. They found nothing wrong, and we came home after 5 hours at the ER. We went to bed.
This morning I awoke quite quickly as I noticed Cdc's body (which was laying next to mine) was getting clammy. He was having another spell. But this time he was very aware but still lethargic. It lasted something like 4 minutes as we kept blowing in his face to get him to take breaths. I cannot express the terror that overtook my whole being as we fought to get him to keep breathing. I brought him straight back to the ER at 7am. They hooked him all up again and decided to just monitor him. Lucky (in a strange way) for us, he had another episode around 9:30am. This time I felt relieved as I merely had to call down the hall to the nurses for help. This time they got to see what was happening and I felt assurance that there was physical help for my baby right there.
Now it's 5pm and I can hardly recall what has happened all day. They've taken lots of Cdc's blood, monitored him, done a CT scan, and given him medications. They still don't know what's wrong. They think it's some sort of seizures. He's exhausted from everything and has been totally lethargic all day. They're going to do an EEG sometime, but since he's okay for now he's not on the emergency list....so we're likely waiting until tomorrow. But my baby is breathing and his heart is beating, so that's okay with me.
I hardly know what to write because I think I'm still running on adrenaline. Pmc has dealt with all the nitty-gritties of getting the stuff we need, and getting people to take care of Cpc. I find it nearly impossible to leave Cdc's hospital room. But I knew I had to come write some things down, and make some information available to family. I am so grateful for this hospital. It was just opened earlier this year, the Golisano Upstate Children's Hospital. There are family rooms where we can get on the computer to blog, and get food, and relax. There is even a special entrance to come up to the PICU, which is where we were transferred to from the ER. There are fantastic doctors and nurses. I feel like I have everything I need to deal with this, especially the emotional side of it. I better let Pmc post some more of the details, because I just have to get back to Cdc's room.

9 comments:
I'm SO sorry about all of this! I hope everything goes well! We will be praying for you guys!
Oh sweetie I too am SO sorry for what your family is going through. I'm glad that you have such a wonderful hospital. I'll be sure to keep you all in my prayers!!
I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this. It sounds like he's in good hands at the hospital. I hope they can figure out what is going on soon. :}
Take care and we hope all goes well. Some of those ICU nurses are the best and they'll take good care of your baby. Thanks for letting us know what is going on.
We are praying for you too!! I'm sure you are in good hands, not only with the doctors and nurses, but with our Heavenly Father too.
Love you guys. Sounds like you're in good hands. Hope the EEG goes smoothly tomorrow...we'll be thinking about you.
Nilly I know you and I know you will get through this. Remember to take deep breaths and take care of yourself, your baby relies on you. Love you
How SCARY! Keep us posted on his progress. So glad to hear that he's in good hands. We'll be praying for you all!
You guys are in my prayers!!! Let me know if you need me to watch Clark.
Post a Comment