Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Words

In honor of Cpc we will be making up words to describe what the end of April, and May have been like for us. Let's just say it's been Mayprilish (adjective meaning full of figurative rain and flowers simultaneously). I think we've all had Mayprilish times before, including times other than Maypril.

First, some rain. So like I said, Cpc's sleep issues have resurfaced, with a definite vengeance. The doctor has not been a ton of help so far, but we did discover that he's had Giardia. Go figure. So he's on meds for that now. We've come up with plans for dealing with it in a way that neither of us gets totally worn out. When we're worn out we are in Giardiac Arrest (noun meaning state of exhaustion induced by Giardia-inhibited sleep patterns). As you can tell we're both suffering from a dire need for some laughter, so we'll induce it any way we can.

Next on the docket is a flower: Cdc's laughter, which definitely provides us with some smiles. All you have to do is look at him and he giggles, well it's more like a gaggle (you know, half laugh, half giggle?). If you go so far as to tickle him you get a hearty croup-sounding cough-laugh - a caugh! (homonym of calf). Wow, we're making Dr. Suess proud, which brings us back to the sleep book that we got from the library that Cpc loves!

Both kids are enjoying the library lately, and I've been trying to walk or bike to it regularly since it's only a mile away. We've made it once so far. Yup, I'm really really good at that. I believe in improving liberacy in children everywhere, starting with my own. (Liberacy - literacy in libraries). Not enough kids go to libraries anymore. The world needs better liberacy. Oh, that reminds me that we got me a new bike. Pmc got home from work the other day and saw that I was exhausted and sent me on my own to go pick up the one we had chosen (but hadn't been able to purchase and bring home because it won't fit in the car with both carseats!) We really want to sell Pmc's old bike so that we can buy him a new bike (that matches mine) too, but nobody has bought it yet (though we have had some mildewers (people with mild interest, moderate commitment, no follow-through). No one likes a mildewer!

Today, we realized that we have been in Syracuse for nine months, and the plan now is to be done by January (8 months away!) which means we're more than half-way home. Today, we're going to make a thorough list of all our 'stuff' and decide which of it is important enough to take home with us. Then, if there's things we don't plan to take, we may sell them this summer if possible, since summer is an infinitely better time for a moving sale than the week after Christmas!

As soon as we get pictures from my mom we'll post about her trip here to visit, and our little jog to Niagara Falls.

4 comments:

Allison said...

I love, love LOVE that pic of you two in the rain!! Oh how I love playing in the rain! One of the first things I did after we moved down here last summer was took my step daughters outside in the midst of a horrible rain storm to have fun, na dBOY DID WE!!! Dylan wouldn't have any part of it so hopefully I can change that this summer :)

I also loved all of your made up words :) All in all I really enjoy your blog posts!! Thanks for sharing!

*Aliese* said...

I can't believe you've been gone that long! Seriously. It doesn't seem that long at all. Your play-in-the-rain pictures look so fun; totally makes me wanna do it too!

Linda said...

So fun to see these kids growing up! You're pretty cute too..including Paul!

Megan said...

I cannot believe how BIG Clark's getting. It is so fun to watch your family grow. I'm literally counting down the days until you'll be here with us. We miss you a ton!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...