Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sunshine

Wow it's gorgeous outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be 70º outside. Here, in Syracuse NY. In March. That's crazy. Of course, it's supposed to snow again next week, but hey....this is so similar to weather in Utah I can't complain. I'm used to it.

So we had a crazy fun week really. We finally got to attend a Syracuse Lacrosse game. It took us a few times to figure out exactly who in the family could get into a Men's game for free, unfortunately only Pmc gets in free. But one is better than none right? So we ended up going to a women's game first, because we all get in free. And we're only going to go to one Men's game, since it's a little more costly. Even though I was sure this was going to be an intense game (Syracuse against Towson, both top 10), it wasn't. Syracuse wasted Towson, and we left in the middle of the second half. But it sure was fun to see such skilled players live. It was fun to explain some of the different women's rules to Pmc. And believe it or not, we didn't fight over a single thing the whole time. Oh, and the Carrier Dome? It's quite the place. I would always prefer sports to be held outside if it's warm enough....but for a place where the weather is unpredictable, I think it's pretty cool that they can have a stadium like this.


The kids and I finally got on a pretty good schedule, which for me means that there are some basic nap times, but that things are flexible. Oh, and both kids are pretty much sleeping through the night right now. Cdc is doing about 9-5, and Cpc is doing 8-7. Oh and did I mention that Cpc has been taking a 3-hour nap everyday? I am so happy to be getting plenty of sleep at night, and to be getting some time to get things done during the day. I am so much less distracted while Cpc's awake now, and we have been having a lot of fun. Cpc is probably just in a growth spurt, but I can hope it lasts right?

Well, here are some of our fun moments the past couple weeks:

Practicing sitting and holding his head up.

The brothers....and a little of Cdc's smiles.

Cpc digs play dough. I love how he figured out how to make the dough into balls like I showed him, and lined them all up.

Can you see those super-long-blond eyelashes? We love those!

We have been LOVING playing outside. We went to playgroup at the park today. Cpc loves the swings, and is pretty confident on the playground. We love that they actually have metal slides here (unlike the no-fun plastic ones at the playgrounds back in Utah). Oh and we attempted flying a kite this week, but we ended up returning it because it was poorly designed. I guess we'll have to make one.

Sunshine is good for the soul.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Dang it clark is growing and I'm missing it! What a depressing thing! You all look great, wish we could see you. August already can't come soon enough without the fact that you guys will be here! With it, it almost seems unbearably far away!!

Linda said...

Not fair! That baby is already sleeping through the night? Charity didn't accomplish that until she was 2 1/2! Such fun pictures though and we're glad you get a little sunshine! It's here today too, but...as you said, snow again next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...