Sunday, May 10, 2009

Not Much

We really didn't do much.

Atec & Cpc enjoyed a few outings to the park.
Cpc took after Lucky in watching TV.
Pmc gradamutated. Oops, I mean graduated! Way to go hun!
Pmc and his brother Kcc relived their worst childhood memory by watching the end of the Pirates '92 series.
We finally took our Easter picture for Mother's Day cards.
And we got together with the Cundick family to celebrate Mother's Day and talk to Uncle Missionary Sdc. We had everyone there (including the dog!) except Uncle Sdc, whom we love and miss! We're excited that it was the last phone call, and next we talk to him it will be in person!
So yeah, not much happened this week.

However, I do have a little to say about life in general this past week. As Pmc has stated earlier, Cpc has hit the terrible-ten-months. He's into absolutely everything, he throws a tantrum if he doesn't get what he wants, he no longer just follows me wherever I'm going but goes for what he wants, he hangs on my pant the the other half of the time he's awake. In the past few years I've told many-a-mother that the terrible two's are my favorite stage with kids, and I'm sure more than half of them rolled their eyes and thought "oh, just you wait!" Well, it's definitely hit a little early with Cpc, and I have to be totally honest: So far I'm loving it twice as much as I ever thought I would. Sometimes I force myself to act annoyed by him just so that I can see that look in other people's eyes that says "hah, that's for teaching him to walk so early." I don't know what it is about me, but as much as I'm totally exhausted at the end of the day from chasing this kid around, I love seeing the determination in this kid's eyes. I love seeing him eye something and do absolutely everything in his power (and more) to get it. I love hearing him pant like a dog, trying to overcome such obstacles as pillows, chairs, legs, and people grabbing his feet. I love that when he doesn't get what he wants, even if it's me who prevented him, he wants me to pick him up and cuddle him. I adore that sparkle in his eye when he figures something out. I can't help but giggle when he wants something so much that he'll scream to communicate to me what he needs me to know. Yes, I'm getting really tired of putting the tupperware back in the kitchen cupboard. But it's totally worth it to relish in this stage. Mmm, I hope it lasts forever....

5 comments:

*Aliese* said...

Your first picture at the park is so cool; way pretty colors. The little kids on shoulders in the large family photo are adorable.

heidikins said...

I love the first pic!!!


xox

Reeses Pieces said...

That first pic is awesome. Where is that? Congrats to your hubby for graduating. That's a huge accomplishment for the both of you.

Sjaanie said...

I love the picture of just you and your cute hubby and baby. It is a wonderful picture! I hope all is well!

Julie said...

I love the picture with you little guy & Lucky in front of the TV...haha it's so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...