There comes that time when you are nearing the end of something, and the beginning of something else. That time where you are tired of the stage you're in, and ready for the next stage. It happens with all sorts of things. Elementary school is the first one I remember. Then there's Junior High, High School, College. There's living at home, the end of a semester, moving out of an apartment....you know, life's little stages?
Well, we are nearing the end of a few things all at once, and the beginning of new things.
The things that will be ending: Living in our first apartment, living in a 1-bedroom apartment, living in this ward, having a 3-6 month old, a LOOONNNGGG semester, applying to graduate schools, having a mostly immobile child, using borrowed bedroom furniture, keeping our stuff at the in-laws houses, etc.
The things that will begin: Living in our second apartment, living in a 2-bedroom w/ office apartment, living in the ward I grew up in, having a 6-12 month old, another potentially LOOOOONNNGGG semester, deciding on a graduate school, having a very mobile into-things child, purchasing our own bedroom furniture, keeping our stuff organized in a storage room in our apartment, determining how to pay for graduate school, determining how to pay for the cost of moving to graduate school and keeping ourselves there, etc.
There are some of these things I am excited to have over, and some I will be sad are over. There are some things I am looking forward to, and others I'm nervous about. However, I absolutely LOVE change. I used to love change in college, I really did. Then I went on a mission and had WAY TOO MANY companions and areas, and came home hating change. Then, pmc & I got married, and stayed settled in one little apartment for 2 years. We had some big changes in there of course, marriage & having a child being the biggest. But I have to say, all-in-all I'm so ready for these coming changes. I am thrilled that cpc is making so many big accomplishments. I'm excited to find out where pmc will get in, and making the decision of where we'll live for the following 2-3 years. I'm excited to have an apartment where we can keep all of our stuff with us. I'm excited to see what new jobs & challenges it will all bring.
I'm sad however, that because of these changes coming up, I am having a hard time focusing on Christmas. It seems like I stayed focused on the now until Thanksgiving was over. Then, suddenly I'm expecting the year to be over, and to jump into the changes. But if I can just focus on Christmas for 2 1/2 weeks, the changes will be right in front of me and I won't have to play the waiting game right? Oh, I hope so! So, let's live up these 2 1/2 weeks!
As for news this week:
Pmc took the GRE this week and did very well! WAY TO GO! He has decided to apply to Syracuse University, UC Davis, Oregon State University, & Utah State University.
My little sister CSE played a recital this week. My sister CDEE and I both attended the recital with our little ones, and were very amazed at how attentive they were through an entire Quartet (which = 4 movements = about 20 minutes). CSE was thrilled to congratulate both of them afterwards on their musical interest!
We also had our annual "Olympus Married Friends" Christmas White Elephant party. It was quite a party, especially now that we're not the only ones with a baby. We missed the Matheson's, and forgot to take pictures. The best was the re-gifting of a few wedding presents from the Johnson's wedding. We happily did not end up with the porcelain doves, not that they weren't beautiful......just not our style! We took a sweet pirate ship from the DI, and tried really hard to get it back, but to no avail!
Other than that, cpc is totally diggin' food. He will eat absolutely anything I feed him. Unfortunately, that also means that pmc thinks that he can give him absolutely anything....this poor kid is going to be pretty spoiled!

6 comments:
Yay for change! I'm so excited that you're applying such a variety of places. Although it IS convenient to visit everyone at once. *sigh* Change is lots of fun, and trust me that it's easier (not easy, just easier) when there's just a baby to worry about. Good luck and congrats to Paul on the GRE. Woo!
What an adorable family!! I heart you guys!!
Nilly...so I need your address and a new email address. Thanks
I love changes but also get nervous for some too. Thankfully everything always seems to work out the way it's supposed to though. Good luck with your next stage!
Hey! You also inspired my with your music! Love it!!
It was so great to see you at the concert and see those mesmerized babies. Amazing! Thanks for the update on what's going on in your life. We just didn't have time to go through all this what with the turkey and all at Thanksgiving. WE're looking forward to seeing you guys at Christmas and to your bright future!
Love you,
Linda (and Rick)
Post a Comment