Pause that thought for just a moment... cpc has decided he wants to blog.
Here is his attempt:
IT5GGBN VVVVVVVV
VVVVVD zsvr
(fascinating, isn't it... such insights into six-month-old life!)
OK, so the other things which have kept me from Christmassing on time this year... graduate school applications are due January 1st. That's occupied a substantial portion of my mind for the last little while, and it continues to keep a fair amount of my attention. Plus, work has been a little crazy lately with winter-weather deliveries. I had to go up to Centerville last week during the big afternoon storm. I wish sometimes that my boss would show some sensibility and cancel a delivery when the weather is awful. But no, the customer must come first. I don't love some things about my job, but at least I have one and it's about as secure as any hourly-wage-type job can be in these economic times. By the way, one thing I've decided I really don't like about the information age is its impact on consumer habits... I don't think things are really THAT bad for most people right now. It's just that these days the stock prices are streaming online and along tickers in the most populous urban areas in the
city - so people are constantly thinking negatively about it. Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it. I'll just keep being smart with my money (which isn't much anyway.)
Tonight cpc had his first experience with opening a present. We were at the annual Christmas party with the families of my dad's cousins. At the end of the party Santa always sneaks in and drops off a bag full of presents, including one for cpc.
It went as you'd probably predict... not much opening and plenty of eating.
Cpc and atec have also taken the time to enjoy some chilly walks when the sun is shining.
The great thing is that cpc is so easy-going that the cold weather doesn't seem to bother him... the only thing that changes on his smiling face is the color of his cheeks!
Finally, just want to wish everyone who takes the time to read this simple blog a very Merry Christmas. (Yes, that's right, I said CHRISTMAS, not 'Happy Holidays.' It is, after all, a celebration of the birth of Christ first and foremost; or at least it's supposed to be...) May God bless every one of us with peace in our hearts during this special time of the year as we reflect upon the Savior of the world and his profoundly important role in our lives. Remember why it is that Santa Claus brings gifts... because he believes in Jesus' example of giving to all and following the great commandments of loving God and Christ, and loving each other.

No comments:
Post a Comment