Okay, another venture into opinions. We've both been a little nervous to state political opinions on our blog I think. Mostly because this is a journal for us, not a discussion forum, and we don't really want to start arguments or something on here. But because it is our journal, I want to record our views and outlooks on things for future reference and posterity. So, here goes....
We're against Obama. Yup, I said it. It currently doesn't really seem like the popular choice. But that is our view. It's not that we think McCain is the best thing this country has going for it. But we are really doing our homework, and we don't trust Obama, and really don't agree with his policies. I can't speak for pmc, but for me, most of my opinion comes from my gut. When I listen to him or watch him speaking, I get this uncomfortable feeling in my gut. This is the same way I felt listening to Kerry 4 years ago. I just didn't trust what he was saying. So then when I do my research.....I feel like my gut feelings are confirmed. We watched a video a couple nights ago, where it showed clips of him saying one thing, and then the opposite thing a little while later. We even watched some clips where he denied that he had ever said what he said. I don't like the people he's been associated with, even if he says he's not associated any more. He seems to claim them as his mentors and teachers, until it looks bad, and then turns away from them. I just really don't trust the man. So, like I said, I don't think McCain is the best thing we've got, but I at least feel like I can trust the man, respect him, etc. This is the same way I feel about Bush. I can trust him and respect him, but don't love every choice he's made as president. The other thing is, I really feel like Obama is taking us down the road to socialism, and I don't like it at all. I love capitalism and the free market. Yes, it's stinkin' hard work. We stress all the time over how we're going to keep paying for gas, health insurance, retirement etc. But I would rather work my tush off doing that, than have it handed to me. If we're going to help the poor, I would rather make donations than have the help paid for by taxes. If I'm required to turn over my money to the poor, I resent it. If it's my choice, I want to do it, and I feel good when I do it, and it makes me want to do it more! I believe in the saying that "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime." I don't just believe this because I don't want to give away my fish. I believe this because it works for me.....I will feed myself if I can just have the right tools. I also don't think it's our job to take money away from rich people. Way to go rich people, you worked hard and you got the money. I advise you to generously donate to the poor, in smart ways where your money is used effectively. Now that I voted to let you keep your money, when Obama gets elected and raises your taxes, please don't sock it to me and raise your prices on the things I buy from you.
Anyway, I believe in small government, and low taxes. I believe pmc does too. This is our opinion, you can like it or hate it. But at least we have finally written it down. Don't argue with us on the blog, if you really feel strongly against what we have shared, you can email or call us if you feel the need to educate us.

3 comments:
Not much to say but AMEN!
Meh, I decided to comment after all.
I totally respect anyone who spends the time deciding what they believe and seeking a candidate who they think will best meet their expectations of leadership.
So far I've voted for the loser in all three presidential elections I've voted in. And I don't regret a single one.
heeey!! I had no idea you were married, or had a baby! Congrats! :)
Have you checked out Nonie's blog and all the different comments on the subject of crying? For me the babywise method is really working, although it's really hard the first day or two (brooklynn cried 78 min. The first episode. Shoot me.) but she's doing great now - sleeping 6 - 7 hours consecutively. Let me know if you have questions or want to talk - I'm no expert but I do have opinions :)
Post a Comment