Sunday, October 12, 2008

iGoogle

Yes, we discovered iGoogle! I'm not sure it's good for either of us, but it's so nice to have everything pulled up on one page. We've been fans of Gmail and Google Calendar for a little while....but now to have one webpage where we can check our mail, calendar, facebook, the weather, to-do list, sports scores, news, play games, look up new recipes and word definitions, check everyone's blogs all at once, check out new election news, etc. Who wouldn't be a fan? The only problem is the time we've saved by not checking all those different websites is now being spent playing Frogger and Hangman! Oops! But really, it has helped me a lot with getting my studio work done!

So I wanted to take a minute to share about my day job, I mean the other one. We talk all about my day job as a mother, quite often in fact. But I am also teaching violin and viola lessons. For the first time, since I started 6 or so years ago, I am enjoying it. I finally have the time (naptime) to really prepare for the lessons I teach! I love being self-employed and deciding what I will teach my students, and when I will teach, etc. I especially had fun yesterday when I had my first parent meeting. It was fantastic. I got to educate all my parents on the Suzuki method, and give them tools to help their kids learn. I really feel like I'm making a difference! I have 8 students, and I really love every one of them. So, that's my other day job.

As for cpc, he's doing a little better on the sleeping finally. His magic number is 2. We had tried 1.5, 2.5 and 3. Nope, those didn't work. It's 2! If we put him down for a nap when he's been awake for 2 hours, he takes good naps, and he sleeps better at night. He's also happier when he's awake, more willing to let me get chores done with him in the Bjorn, listen when I read books, go on walks, etc. Hallelujah!

This week we attended my Grandparent's 60th anniversary dinner. Way to go Grandma and Grandpa! I wish I had taken a cute picture of them, but I didn't. I wish I could find a cute picture of them somewhere on our computer, but I can't. But you can see this cute picture of them that I posted previously right after cpc was born. Aren't they a cute couple? I am so grateful for my grandparents strong marriage, and for the support they offered me while I was living in Logan (where they live), and the love and support they have offered throughout my parent's divorce.As for pictures, we did get a good shot of cpc at the dinner with his Aunt Aubrey.
He's thoroughly enjoying tummy-time, and I absolutely love the way he holds his sucker in when he's falling asleep.....or not falling asleep. Aren't those pajamas adorable?









One last picture to prove we went to our mission reunion. Thanks Sister Hagerhorst for the photo, I stole it from your blog!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Tenille! I love your blog!! What a cutie little Clark is! I still haven't seen him in person, but hopefully soon, during the holidays! :)

brittanimae said...

That boy is too cute to be allowed.

Ellen said...

Just wait until you discover google reader! It will BLOW your mind! I'm glad that we can be blog buddies, and that Jennifer told me the name of your little one because i was TOTALLY wondering! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...