Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Drive-in, 24th, and Bear Lake

We went to the drive-in to see The Dark Knight. Honestly I was a little disappointed....oh well. But the family time was totally worth it. The only catch is that our battery died about 2/3 of the way through the movie. Luckily we could hear the movie still from other people's cars, and we found someone to jump us....but it was an adventure nonetheless. We love the drive-in, and love our Subaru for such an occasion. We fold down the back seats, bring tons of blankets and pillows, and make ourselves a perfectly comfortable couch to lounge on! We also bring along a few drinks and treats....because we don't have to pay the stupid theater prices for them.

On the 24th, we got to take some pictures of cpc with his cousin smc. They were perfectly adorable! We also celebrated by attending the parade with pmc's family! We loved watching the floats, and seeing the bands march by....but mostly we just enjoyed time with family. However, I forgot that I'm still not supposed to lift anything over 15 pounds....and played way too much with cousin Jake who is around 25 pounds and 11 months old. When we got home from the parade, I discovered that my post-delivery bleeding had started up again. But then overnight, my abdominal muscles started hurting again. So when we got home from the cabin, we decided to call the doctor. Well, that was the beginning of a stupid chain of events (doctors telling me that I needed to be seen that day) landed us in the ER that night, only to discover that I'm just fine. But we did make one discovery in the ER. Pmc has been telling me occasionally that my heart skips beats. I always thought he was crazy, how can he really tell by just listening on my chest? But he was right. The nurses noticed my heart rate was fluctuating in the ER, and ordered an EKG to make sure everything was okay....I just have an irregular heart rate! Apparently it's no big deal and pretty common! We have no pictures of this adventure because I gave pmc a dirty look when he asked if he should document the lovely event. I was miserable!

Up at the cabin however, something eventful did happen. Cpc finally cuddled with me. He's never done this before. I was so excited I had to get a picture!

Cpc enjoyed his first dip in BEAR LAKE! I was so excited to finally share this pleasure with him, and he even seemed to enjoy it. We went up and stayed at my mom's cabin for the Hooper Family Reunion. Somehow I didn't get any pictures of the craziness there. We had around 55 people in and out of the cabin all day long. But it was fun to see many cousins (and their kids) that live all over the country right now. We played a little bit of volleyball, ate lots of food, hung out at the beach (cpc and his cousin LucyMae seemed to enjoy that), and tried to manage getting some sleep in the chaos. Cpc did not enjoy the heat or the crowd too much. He was the grumpiest he's been....but has been very good since we got home!

I don't know what to think of this....but I have a thumb-sucker! I can hardly believe it because nobody in my family ever did this. But cpc definitely can find his thumb and enjoys sucking on it. Pmc laughed at me when I showed him this picture, because I told him instead of pulling it out and giving him a binky, I thought it was cute and took a picture!

Now please read and comment on the following post!!!!!!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Looks like you're having fun as a mommy, but you'll always be my little IWA Tenille! I just realized I never added you to my blog when I went private, so sorry about that! I've added you (not that it's actually exciting or anything, but whatever!) Take care!

Ali said...

My little Sarah is a thumb sucker too! I think it is so cute. She is 14 months and still sucks her thumb and has since she was born. I try to give her the binky still so she will stop sucking her thumb before it becomes a problem. But I can't make her stop!

Reeses Pieces said...

It was fun to see you and your family at Bear Lake. I'm glad your Mom had us all up. It's crazy how many of us actually got up there. Hopefully we'll see you again at XMAS.

brittanimae said...

That picture of Clark and LucyMae is too much. I kissed my screen. Addy totally misses the babies--she can't stop talking about them. And Theo is nuts about Clark. Completely nuts.

Shawni said...

Hey guys! it was so fun to meet that sweet new baby at Bear Lake! Thanks for coming to visit. Love you guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...