Friday, July 18, 2008

Blessings & Games

We've had a few people ask us if we're going to keep up with this blogging thing now that we have new responsibilities. At first I kept responding with "we'll just have to see." But now we're realizing that since this is our journal/scrapbook, if we don't keep up with it, we'd be stupid. In the past 2 1/2 weeks so much has happened and cpc has grown and changed so much....at least to us! So the answer is "YES! And maybe even better!" We've made up our minds. However, this may mean that most of the posts will be done by atec while cpc is napping....which is the case right now. Pmc will do his best to get some in!So at the beginning of July cpc received his name and a blessing at Sacrament Meeting by pmc. Pmc was a little nervous, but did a wonderful job. Cpc got to share his blessing day with two of his cousins also, making three sacrament meetings for us. He was a complete angel all day though, even though it was our first Sunday back at church.

In the past weeks we also got to attend some fun events:

We went to the drive-in theater....which I'm so grateful we still have in Salt Lake. We didn't get any pictures of our little setup in the back of our Subaru, but we had a huge setup of blankets and pillows, with plenty of refreshments. We saw Wall-E and Prince Caspian (hence, the song of the week), which we thoroughly enjoyed while cpc slept peacefully.....that's the way to see movies with little kids (it's not so embarrassing when your kid starts screaming in the middle of the movie!).

We attended another Bee's game with pmc's parents and brother's family. Cpc is already just like his Father, with his rally cap at the end of the game! He sure is cute though isn't he?

The next night we went for more baseball, watching the All-Star Game all decked out.As for how we're doing? EXCELLENT! I've gotten my energy back and lost thirty pounds already. Because of that, I am now totally loving being a "stay-at-home mom." I love being able to always make sure cpc has what he needs, and trying to keep up a clean home and a well-fed husband too. Pmc and I feel closer than ever, as our capacity for love has apparently doubled! Life with a child isn't always easy, especially when the economy is slow. We're forking out all our spending money on diapers and wipes, but hey at least we don't have to buy formula too right?

I have to write one more funny thing, not to brag....but because this is our journal, and we need record of these things! At the hospital, the day after cpc was born, my doctor came in to talk to us. I asked when I could start swimming again....and she said "oh, you're a swimmer" as though that really meant something. So then she told us it really wasn't professional to tell us this, but that during the c-section, she and all the other doctors noticed that I had "really ripped abs." She assumed it must be because I swim. Well, really I don't think I swim enough for that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's because of waterskiing each summer!

1 comment:

Reeses Pieces said...

I think you've earned the right to brag about ripped abs. Most of us will never have those, and already down 30 pounds. Wow, you should have at least 5 more. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...