Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How I gleefully chopped my wedding dress into tiny pieces...

Yes, you heard me right. No, there is nothing wrong in our marriage!

So ever since we got married we've had an ongoing discussion about what to do with my wedding dress. We've listed it in online classifieds a few times hoping to sell it to someone who might really love it, with no luck. And we've considered forking out the money to get it cleaned and preserved - but I really feel like the likelihood of one of my daughters (if I have more than one) wanting to wear it someday isn't that high. I mean, I LOVE my wedding dress - but I'm not super confident that my kids will have the same taste as me, or that it will be in style then - 'cause honestly I'm not sure it was in style when I wore it, it was just MY style.

Then, when we found out we were having a girl - we started thinking about a little blessing dress for her. Pretty soon we decided that making a blessing dress out of my wedding dress would be a fun project. AND, even if I totally botched it - it would be a fun story. But, I am happy to report that this project has turned out to be one of my best yet. I personally think it looks absolutely beautiful. This isn't a great picture - but you get the idea. The first cut I made into my dress was definitely intimidating. And there were a few moments, especially when I was working on the sleeves, where I wondered what in the world I had done. However, I really can say I was pretty gleeful about the whole project because I'm SO STINKIN' EXCITED for this little girl to join our family!

Now if this little girl would just show us her pretty little face one of these days - we would be over the moon to see how she looks in it!

2 comments:

*Aliese* said...

So fun! And teeny, tiny sleeves are excruciating to sew (I made our little one's blessing dress last week). Way to go!

Teresa said...

That dress is gorgeous!! Well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...