Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Magic

I am not quite sure how to accurately describe or even sum up my feelings about Christmas this year. I guess about the most accurate thing I can say is that it was magic. We didn't have a lot of money, and in a way that was nice. On the other hand there were some very generous elves watching over our family, which made our stress levels plummet - which is extremely nice! Mostly having a child who "gets" Christmas morning and Santa Claus and all that was absolutely, totally and in all other ways - I mean it was amazing! It was just so magical and enchanting.

Christmas Eve at Grammie & Boba's was especially fun. The kids really enjoyed being with their cousins. They didn't quite comprehend acting out the nativity - but they were pretty thrilled that they got to give gifts to the baby Jesus.
Cpc asked Santa - in a nice letter - for a "Mickey Mouse book" and "a new Snoopy." I love and adore that my kids love Snoopy. Pmc and I both loved Snoopy when we were little, so we think it's fitting! Anyway, Cdc asked for a "Merry Christmas" in his letter. They both got what they wanted! Cdc got his wish in the form of some "animals."
Cpc and Cdc both got to choose some gifts for each other. They were both thrilled to be giving each other something they knew the other would want. I never realized how early in life they could catch on to this. Cpc chose a "slink dog" from Toy Story for Cdc, and his excitement when Cdc was opening it was palpable. Cpc was also thrilled about the presents he got to help choose for mommy (socks and a projection alarm clock) and daddy (Wii Mario Kart).  I love seeing that giving spirit develop!
P.S. Sorry for the poor pictures. Something funky is wrong with the lighting on the camera and we haven't figured out how to fix it. Oh, and Picasa didn't save our edits to pictures - so there's that red-eye too. I'm too lazy to go fix it and re-upload!

1 comment:

*Aliese* said...

So fun! Purchasing gifts for my siblings is seriously one of my favorite things about Christmas; I can totally relate to the excitement!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...