Cpc showing off the temple he built for FHE one night.
Dinner at Cowboy Grub the night before Aunt Cse left on her mission.
Our first Thanksgiving meal, at my mom's house the week before Aunt Cse left.
Salt Lake City seriously has the BEST storytimes for kids. I LOVE the library system here! That's Cdc on the left and Cpc on the right. They LOVE storytime at the library.
Our in-house cook. He's been telling me lately that when he grows bigger he wants to make dinner for us all by himself without any help!
Cpc was very excited that I let him choose for himself which hat/mittens set to buy!
This is the coveted item that Cpc is saving his pennies for these days. If only I were doing better at remembering to let him earn them! Sorry for the awful picture, it's for Cpc so that I won't forget, it's a Lightning McQueen cell phone.
I think Turkey Bowls are the best tradition ever. I never heard of them until my mission, but they are a definite tradition for us.Paul is on the right, I barely missed his nice kick. Mostly look at that beautiful Thanksgiving weather though!
Also from the Turkey Bowl. The boys and I played on the sidelines!
Thanksgiving weekend at "Narnia." Aren't those boys cute watching their movie!
Cdc at Gingerbread Storytime at the library. He decorated his cookie all by himself, and then was very upset when I told him he could eat it!
Cpc's final product, sorry I forgot to rotate it. He had a progression going where he'd have me take a picture, and then add feet, take another picture, add hands, take another picture, add - uh, those red things on the side of his belly? Funny kid.
This would be Cpc's latest photo shoot. He's getting pretty good with that camera huh? I didn't even show him how to change the setting to black and white. He actually got some REALLY good shots of Cdc (he did take like 100 pictures in a matter of 5 minutes though. These two are doing so well at just hanging out together and treating each other pretty well. I don't know why Cdc will cooperate for a photo shoot for Cpc and not me though!
We drove up to Logan a few weeks ago and thought it was awesome how the fog was just spilling out of the canyon like a cauldron!
Our real Thanksgiving feast. YUM!
Our annual Thanksgiving Turkey. Cdc is on the red, Cpc on the orange, the blue hands are mine and the yellow are Pmc's - but I accidentally wrote my list on the yellow so Pmc got the blue!
What a gorgeous night in Narnia.
Turns out my children have a very strong attachment to the Snoopy I got for Christmas when I was 3 or 4. Snoopy finally got his first washing and mending this year - you should see him now!
Cdc and Cpc both really wanted to put the star on the tree, so we let Cdc put on the star for our mini tree, and then we took it off and let Cpc put on the real one.
Pmc finally figured out how to get our star to glow (it's been our plan since we bought it our first year of marriage!).
Another picture-taking venture by cpc!
Our annual Temple Square visit to see the lights. The boys LOVE the lights this year. Everywhere we drive once it's dark we hear repeated "Christmas Lights" from the backseat each time they see some.
Apparently my boys have my same addiction to Creme Brulee.
Pmc won 2nd place in his recipe contest! That is some darn good chili, and it is his very own recipe!
We have a tradition of reading a book about Santa Claus each December. It gives some awesome details about everything that goes into Santa's venture to deliver presents all around the world in one night. That man is sure a great example of Jesus, spending his whole life just trying to make kids happy! His wife is pretty fantastic too. She shares her Christmas Cookie recipe in this book - Molasses chocolate chip cookies - this is the first year we've made them and they are VERY tasty!
That's all folks! Now watch for our Christmas card - I really think it should be here before Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment