Monday, August 22, 2011

Entitlement - and a GIVEAWAY

So I've been thinking a lot about entitlement lately. See, I think most of the struggles in our country these days have some deep roots in people feeling entitled. And I actually think it's not just today's generation - I think it started long before that. But I try not to blog about politics - mainly because I can't stand the way people discuss politics these days, particularly online. If I'm going to discuss politics I want to have a nice face-to-face conversation and I want it to stay calm. However, I am pretty passionate about these things, particularly the entitlement part.

Anyway, the other reason I've been thinking about entitlement is that my wonderful Aunt and Uncle - Richard and Linda Eyre - are publishing a parenting book called "The Entitlement Trap." For those of you who may not have heard of the Eyre's - they have some wonderful ideas on parenting, many of which are simply ingrained in me. In fact, sometimes I'm surprised when people tell me they've never heard of some of the things I do with my kids, simply because I grew up with that being the norm. Parenting is something I'm rather passionate about - but, even though I studied it quite a bit in my schooling, I have a hard time considering myself an expert. I just think parenting is such an individual/family thing. What works for one may be disastrous for another. That being said, I feel like the Eyre's have always been very good at teaching parenting principles and then giving ideas to go along with them. So I'm sure this will be a great book for our time.

The best news is that they're doing a giveaway. Just go to THIS LINK and you can sign up and get the book for cheap too!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey Tenille, thanks SO much for the support. Seems that you're always there for us! I just heard that you're doing lots for the couple's retreat as well. Can't wait to see you at the temple tomorrow even though we missed you at the lake last week!

Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...