Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not-so-deep Deep Thoughts

I can't believe it, but it is actually 1:00am. I haven't stayed up this late in a LONG time. Not that I haven't been up this late with a crying kid recently. But tonight is different. Tonight I'm choosing, minute after minute NOT to go to bed. There is something intriguing to me tonight about being up all alone in our quiet house. I am relishing it now, but I'm sure when 7:30am rolls around with a wide-awake kid I'm going to be regretting it. Pmc had a strange onset of a migraine tonight, and cpc is sleeping soundly, so I suddenly feel compelled to get stuff done on the computer that I never find time for during the day. That includes blogging! So how about I tell you about the beginning of our year?

The first 12 days were spent in Utah. We rung in the new year with Hco and family by playing games and making lots of noise. Then, although our anniversary is January 3rd, we celebrated our 3rd anniversary before Christmas because we were offered a free night at a hotel (thanks to pmc's dad!). I cannot express how blessed I am to be married to pmc, and celebrating 3 full years together just made me giddy! We had pmc's high school friends up to the cabin just after the New Year, and then spent some family time there just the three of us after they left. Cpc could hardly get enough of the snowmobile.


We especially enjoyed some quality time with Sdc over the break, and his girlfriend (whom I'm a fan of since she's an Aggie!).
And honestly, I don't really recall everything we did the last few days. We just tried to cram in seeing as many of the people we love as possible. We did go to the zoo, which was fun to do in winter. Cpc loved it. We were disappointed though that we didn't get to see the baby elephant.

I do know that it was hard to say goodbye again, but we were also ready to get back to our own space....and I was definitely ready to have my routine back.

When we arrived home to Syracuse, we had our looooooong driveway to shovel. Which pmc did without any complaint.

Cpc has been happy to be home with his own toys, books and bed. He hasn't readjusted to sleeping as well as we thought he might, but he has readjusted nevertheless.
And while we noted in the last post his resemblance of Mr. Mint, I think it's clear here that he's related to Huck Finn. I'd like to put in a little bubble above his head there that says "you really think you're going to get me into that bathtub?" Although, he actually LOVES the bath.

And now, I'd just like to share some of the thoughts on my mind, which I feel have been building up for so long I am sure I've lost half of them.

We had a grand trip, and I loved being around family and friends. It was great to see how much I really did miss our families, and for them to point out how much cpc has changed and grown. I also discovered though that I am a homebody of sorts. I LOVE being home in my own house, and having our own routine, and being a homemaker! I love planning our meals, and working on projects around the house. I love having cpc all to myself to play with and teach all day long. I love having pmc all to myself in the mornings and evening to talk and cuddle with. Therefore it was good for us to get out and do something different. We grew to appreciate these things so much more, and learned a lot by not having them. Cpc sure became better at sharing and dealing with chaos.

And now that we're back home, there are some things I'm absolutely loving. I have COMPLETELY hit the "nesting" phase of this pregnancy, and have a to-do list a mile long of things to prepare for the baby. Cpc has returned to potty-training, which is going very well, although I wouldn't say we're directly on the path to giving up diapers. Pmc has returned to school and is facing all that stress with much enthusiasm. We've finally completed our goals for the year, and are loving the direction they are giving us! I think we're all starting to feel confident that we're as prepared as we can be for another addition to the family. So now we just get to wait for this little angel to join us, and then brace ourselves for all the lessons we have yet to learn!

1 comment:

Linda said...

It was so fun to see you at Christmas time! Glad to see you're home a ready for that new addition. We're in India so keep us posted!
Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...