Well, we're once again a few days behind, but we're slowly catching up. School is getting underway for pmc (harder than anticipated...ugh). The classes he's taking are Children & Families Across Cultures, Research Methods, and Work & Families. That part's okay, it's the assistantship that is the challenge. Two hours a week in lecture with the professor, then teaching six hour-long discussions each week is kicking his behind! Most of the headache simply comes from dealing with 127 students........and when we say headache, we mean literally. Last week he had TWO migraines which were NOT brought on by exercise, which has not happened in years. He even thinks one of the migraines was actually two combined into one (don't ask me, I don't get it either!).
Cpc and I are busy at home, trying to make sure every little thing is ready for cdc's arrival. I think we have the freezer well-stocked, and I've cleaned just about everything. I even found time to make some yummy bread to spread our hand-picked home-made raspberry jam across.
I'm grateful Santa Claus had the foresight to bring cpc some dum-dum's to distract him for ten minutes at a time while I get some work done.
On the other hand, cpc has been VERY helpful, and I actually mean that! Tonight he was thrilled at the chance to make French Toast with Daddy. He gets the biggest grin on his face when Dad gets cpc's apron down and puts his own on - that's the sign that something fun is about to happen.
He is such a sweetheart, we can hardly get over how much he loves us and wants to do the right things. Maybe that's why he isn't a good sleeper. He actually skipped his nap altogether today. It's so hard on me when I can tell how hard he is trying to fall asleep at nap-time, but just can't seem to do it. He will lay in bed quiet for 20 minutes before finally starting to whine. Sometimes it's hard to tell whether he simply took a 20 minute nap, or just really didn't sleep.
In other news, we switched back to the toddler bed; NOT by choice. Cpc decided that even a full crib rail wasn't going to keep him in bed a few nights ago, and made the fateful jump. THUD! It was a loud one. We decided we didn't want to hear it again, even if that meant that he could slip right out of bed. The transition isn't going TOO badly though.
Cpc is pretty excited about all the baby stuff. He loves to put "baby" tigger in the swing and turn on the music for him.
And while I do all my little household chores, the boys keep themselves plenty busy with cpc's marble run. This one went all the way down the stairs, including around the corner.
And I'm just now realizing that we never did take a prego picture this week. Speaking of prego....I'm also progressing in some way with labor. I've been having contractions all day, but nothing real regular....so we'll just keep waiting. Hopefully we can still get a good final picture tomorrow, and hopefully it really will be a final picture! We sure can hardly wait to have this little guy finally join the family!

3 comments:
I still never have found out the name. Will you email me? Also, good luck being a mom of two. It's wonderful, amazing and stressful. Oh, what we do for our families.
Sounds busy, but fun and fulfilling at the same time. What an exciting time to be so close to the birth of your newest addition!!!
The bread and homeade jam look so yummy! I'm sure you're so ready for #2. Waiting just stinks!
Post a Comment