We left Salt Lake City shortly after 6 AM on Friday, August 17th. We spent the previous night at my parents' house since our whole apartment was packed into a Penske truck (and a small portion of our little Fusion Freddie, who went exactly where he was 'towed' the whole way... what a good, obedient little car!) It was difficult to say goodbye, especially with so many changes happening in our families; my brother sdc returning home from the missionfield, Atec's sister ace heading to Seattle for college, and our little baby being 15 weeks gestational age. I'm sure that no matter when we left, though, it wouldn't have felt convenient. It's just hard to move away.
The drive was void of any major (or minor, for that matter) catastrophes. (Except for the part when Atec slapped me when I was dutifully trying to dig 20 feet back into the truck to pull out our only remaining cash to pay the exorbitant tolls.)
K, seriously I thought he was throwing a tantrum about trying to get it out. It still gave me no right to slap him, I know.
Anyway, we really enjoyed seeing how well Cpc handled the whole drive. He never screamed in the truck for more than 5 minutes. He slept decently for being on the road too. We were really grateful to have such nice places to stay along the way, thanks to Papa!
We got to spend a little extra time on our 2nd driving day at Nauvoo & Carthage. We strengthened our testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Smith. We loved seeing the Nauvoo temple, and looking over the Mississippi River. While we sat on the grass, cpc finally let us capture his kisses on camera!
Cpc and I enjoyed some great naps in the car, and Pmc did a FANTASTIC job driving that HUGE 26' truck. I ventured to drive it a couple of times for an hour or two. It was scary.
We were pleased to have the privilege of showing cpc a praying mantis drinking the dew on our car one morning. Those are such beautiful bugs!
And now, since it is 10:15pm here, we will finish this post, go to bed, and tell you about everything since our arrival later. Don't worry, it will be within 24 hours for sure!!!!

2 comments:
More...more...I want pictures of where you are and your place, and more, more, more! Keep it coming!
Clark is so freaking cute! I need to see him! that picture of him kissing you! i want it!
haha yay! we are both emerald city citizens, just at opposite ends of the country. but it's like no big deal right?!
haha i'll have to explain that one on the phone! I love you all!
Oh and I get to go see wicked i think! yay finally!
Post a Comment