I've kind of had a rough day. First off, it was Fast Sunday. Usually I am excited for this chance to have an added measure of the Spirit. But not today. I don't know if it was because atec isn't fasting now (pregnancy will do that), or if I was just a little more run down than usual (heading into finals week next week), or what. But that was a little frustrating... having something you usually like become an annoyance or problem is never good.
ALSO, I've been trying to plan another career change (can you have a career change without having a career? I would submit that you can.) I have decided that I don't want to be a child life specialist anymore. Well, that may not be entirely true... I'd still like it I'm sure, but I don't think it's right for me. I just wouldn't be able to support a family. At first I felt like I was being dumb for making a decision based on the money, but on some levels that has to happen. It's not like I'm giving up comfort to pursue luxury... more like I'm foregoing poverty to achieve sustenance. So for the past few weeks, I've been contemplating law school. Call me crazy. The funniest thing of all (or perhaps it isn't funny at all) is that the day after I told atec that I had changed my mind, I found out that the U added a class within my major beginning next semester called "Family Law". So, I've added that to my spring schedule and I'm hoping that the confirmation of the spirit that I'm on the right track is the next major feeling that I have in this regard.
PLUS, atec is still pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I am super-excited about that! But it has presented me with a few obstacles that were both unforeseen and unplanned for (is that redundant? I think close, but not the same.) Any of you who remember expecting your first, whether you were the mother or the father, will probably know what I mean far more realistically than if I tried to explain it. (And those of you who haven't experienced that, it would be unjust for me to spoil it for you!)
PLUS, atec is still pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I am super-excited about that! But it has presented me with a few obstacles that were both unforeseen and unplanned for (is that redundant? I think close, but not the same.) Any of you who remember expecting your first, whether you were the mother or the father, will probably know what I mean far more realistically than if I tried to explain it. (And those of you who haven't experienced that, it would be unjust for me to spoil it for you!)
Things to look forward to this week:
1) my last week of classes this semester
2) another visit to the doctor for atec and baby tomorrow!
3) we're getting a Christmas Tree for FHE too!
4) well, nothing comes immediately to mind, so you'll have to check back... we'll keep you "posted"
P.S. New this week is a poll question... look below the music player on the left to vote! (It is everyone's duty to vote... you're already registered!)
ATEC HERE: I just wanted to let you know two things. First, this picture really doesn't do justice to pmc's great job with our lights....it looks so good. But he sure did take a great picture of that wreath huh? We made that!!!! Pretty red bow, silver bells, lights and pine cones! It was so fun! We'll get some better pictures once we get all our extension cords and the tree up!

1 comment:
I had to vote girl, because that's all I know the Eyre's as. One big happy girl family with Howie of course!
Post a Comment