Monday, September 9, 2024

Fire Station Open House & Rhythm Book

 


GSC tends to like all the things his big brother likes. This includes GDC's love of fire stations and trucks. So when I drove past the Centerville fire station this week and saw that there was an open house, I quickly called GDC to ask if he wanted to go, and of course he said yes. When I asked GSC if he wanted to go also, he said "of course!" So we hustled over for them to do an obstacle course, get fire hats, bags full of activity books and emergency preparedness stuff. They loved the opportunity to "drive" the fire truck as well.

GSC also finished his Level 1 Rhythm Book this last week and earned a mommy date for it. He's worked on it for so long, and really is a great little sight reader! As soon as GDC finishes his rhythm book (he's only 10 lessons away), they'll get a mommy/daddy date to Costa Vida! GSC has Mrs. Hope this year for 1st grade.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...