
Cpc LOVES the library and LOVES reading. He has been pouring through chapter books like nobody's business. We have a 90-minute quiet time every day, and for the past few weeks Cpc has been reading an entire chapter book during each quiet time. Needless to say it's hard to keep him supplied with enough books for that. At first I was a little sad about all the books that he's reading that I don't get to really enjoy with him. However, I'm learning that it's a lot of fun to talk about the books with him afterwards and discover how he interprets and comprehends the stories, and how they affect him. He and I walked home from church yesterday, just the two of us, and he told me he still wants to be a Librarian. We love the librarian at our local library who does most of the preschool story-times. She has really been a great influence on Cpc. She gave Cpc the opportunity this past week to read a book aloud to the group for story-time. He read "It Looked Like Spilt Milk" and even thought of a great idea for the craft afterward - gluing cotton balls to blue paper! He did a great job reading and I think it was such a good experience for him. Afterward, we rewarded him by letting him finally get his very own Library Card. He also got a bag to hold his books with a little pocket sewn into it for his library card. Unfortunately he plowed through all of the books he checked out in one quiet time (he chose not to get any chapter books)! He also learned how to get on the library website and put books on hold. He asks me multiple times a day to check his account to see if his books are ready yet, and he's quite impatient about the fact that I will only take him to the library once a week. This is the kids in front of the library on his special day!

Arc is quite the fashionista - she absolutely adores clothes and shoes and accessories. I do not have much of that in me, so I find it entirely entertaining.

The Hogle Zoo recently opened their new Lion exhibit and we got to go see them this week. Cdc was so excited to have his best friend CS join us. These kiddos want me to take pictures of them in front of every animal sculpture in the entire zoo every time we go. It cracks me up. I'm SO excited they refinished the Lion drinking fountain I remember drinking out of as a kid!

I've been teaching a little neighborhood music class for some of Cdc's friends in the neighborhood and we had our little final performance today. Unfortunately, Cdc wasn't feeling very well and didn't sing most of the songs. I did manage to get him to come be in a picture at the end, even though he couldn't get a smile on his face.

It has been getting pretty warm, although I didn't think it was quite
warm enough for playing in the water in the yard. However, Cpc and Arc
convinced me this afternoon to get this little baby all set up. I
figured they'd feel the freezing water and chicken out, but they proved
me wrong and played on this thing for nearly an hour. Arc kept walking
around sticking out her little belly and rubbing it saying "belly!" I
think she really likes her belly with that swimsuit on! Cpc might be a
little too big for toys like this? It makes me sad. I can't believe how
grown up he is!


No comments:
Post a Comment